TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #31
JimLilly

Default Online seller

This has been a fun thread to read. I had never seen or heard of TrailManor, ore even a HiLo, until this past May. Had been following a Facebook for sale site (WV Campers and RVs for sale), looking for a project trailer that would fit our budget, when an ad came up for a 2720SL. Googled the 2720SL and was amazed that these existed! What cool engineering and design. Then I stumbled across this site and learned a ton of info, and realized that even if this wasn't a fit for me I could easily resell and double my investment no problem.

But when DW and I went to look, the unit fit our needs to a tee. I was looking for something easy to tow, that wouldn't stress me out and cost an arm and a leg in gas $$$. DW was looking for something with a bathroom and also enough storage space to stow dishes, dry goods, etc. and not have to load / unload like you do in smaller pop-ups. We both wanted something we could take off the beaten trail to explore in and around wild & wonderful WV.

Was worried with the low asking price the unit would be beat up but it was in great condition. Turns out the woman selling the trailer had been out camping the weekend before and when they returned home her husband up and left her and moved out. The camper was his baby, but the title was in her name, so she was a motivated seller in a way. Our gain, I guess. Gave her a deposit then returned with the rest of the money next day and towed her away.

Have been out 5 times this summer so far and we love it! Starting to get it tweaked up the way I want it, thank the group for so many great ideas and tips, looking forward to sharing my mods once life slows down a bit. To go from tent campers to the 2720SL is like moving up from the slums to the Ritz Carlton, so nice.
JimLilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #32
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Saw a brand new TM at the Goodguys Promotions RV show at the Alameda Fairgrounds, Pleasanton, California. Loved the design. Nobody ever showed one at that show again as TM got into trouble. Wanted one for 3 or 4 years and eventually went for an insurance-totalled 2004 3023 with cosmetic hail dents. No problems with it that I was not able to fix except that I still only have about half the curtains and need to make up a new set.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:35 PM   #33
FunattheBeach

I was looking for a portable "hotel" room. When I went on the internet I typed in HiLo to see what might be out there. As a single retired woman I wanted comfort and security and wanted to see the USA.
I watched Craigslist and finally put an alert for TrailManor. The unit I found was not a King bed nor does it have a swing hitch but that's ok. I am going use this one for a year or two and then put that alert back on craigslist for one that has a king bed and swing hitch. Then I will sell my new to me 2005 2720SL that I found 100 miles from my house and brought home last Tuesday.

Hope to take it out for an overnight/shake down trip this next week about 12 miles from my house.
FunattheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote