TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #31
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Hanna-Barbera. Try "a bear's natural habitat, a Studebaker".

Had the same thought, a full width pit so could get the whole axle down. Would need to figure out a drain though, nothing rots a tire like standing water.

Pulling the wheels and tires would get about 8"and maybe some 4x4 to support the frame (NOT the axle, bends easy). HF camouflage tarp or same color as your house could hide AC from neighbors.

Have vegetation all around mine and rear faces even more, a six foot fence (on three sides), and a county park. Do have to tie some of the bushes back to get out.

Worst case the roof AC is a single unit, can unplug , unbolt, & lift the whole thing off, then a good tarp over plywood will keep rain out.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:47 PM   #32
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
Putting up some faux foliage to block the view of the camper might be the easiest and cheaper than adding to a brick wall. Found this link; which might give you some ideas. I saw a similar thing on HGTV on an A/C cover.
Hope you can find a good cheap answer for your problem.

http://www.hooksandlattice.com/outdo...oo-forest.html
This sounds like a fairly reasonable and inexpensive solution to your problem. As long as you can have the foliage viewable from the street then what is to stop you from putting this bamboo all around the air conditioner on all sides just like Kidraz suggested - definitely something to consider. Now you only have foliage visible from the street.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:53 AM   #33
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

I think all of these suggestions are mute until the OP understands what specific violation he incurred. Could be the HOA doesn't want campers, RV parked on owners property going forward. Until the HOA clarifies to the homeowner, he doesn't know what to do. Bylaws may have changed, ordinances may have changed, complaints may have been lodged, etc.

Good luck.

RV

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:03 AM   #34
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
I think all of these suggestions are mute until the OP understands what specific violation he incurred.

RV
I think at the bottom of page 1 of this thread, the OP did state that the violation was that the trailer (a/c unit mostly) was visible from the street. It also can't be visible from neighbor's yards - so whatever he does has to also conceal the trailer from the side & back neighbor.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:34 AM   #35
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Gonzo -

Do you know if your community has changed its HOA Management company recently? In the Valley, they have been shuffling a bit in the last couple years. A new management company will tend to be a bit rigid until they figure things out. I know ours just changed, and that happened. I talked to the President of the HOA, who identified the representative from the HOA management company (note that they are not the same). I called her, we chatted a bit, and things loosened up. In other words, the management company may be blindly enforcing each and every rule simply because they don't yet know what else to do, but they have a shiny new contract, so by golly ...

The important thing is that the HOA is a group of your neighbors. They don't want too much rigidity, because it could turn around and bite them in the future. But they probably hired out the management function to a professional management company, and it is this company that sent you the violation notice. Figure out who the players are.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:05 PM   #36
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoMiPa View Post
Hmmm, that term confuses me.....

But otherwise, I was going to post earlier that I hope you are working with your HOA to ensure you come to a mutual agreement about what will work to satisfy them - although it may not ever be possible. But best of luck on that!

Meanwhile, here, I just worry about making sure there is zero food left in the TM, at all, ever, as long as the bear are awake. They did a fine job ripping the bumper right off a neighbors car, and pulling the exterior of the passenger door out and away from the window - bag of feed corner in the trunk, and half a left over sandwich in the car - they can smell food a mile away....
ha ha!! Youngest middle: I have 6 kids. the youngest middle is kid number four (of the 2 middle children, she is the younger).... Oh, perhaps I should have said younger middle.

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #37
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Gonzo -

Do you know if your community has changed its HOA Management company recently? In the Valley, they have been shuffling a bit in the last couple years. A new management company will tend to be a bit rigid until they figure things out. I know ours just changed, and that happened. I talked to the President of the HOA, who identified the representative from the HOA management company (note that they are not the same). I called her, we chatted a bit, and things loosened up. In other words, the management company may be blindly enforcing each and every rule simply because they don't yet know what else to do, but they have a shiny new contract, so by golly ...

The important thing is that the HOA is a group of your neighbors. They don't want too much rigidity, because it could turn around and bite them in the future. But they probably hired out the management function to a professional management company, and it is this company that sent you the violation notice. Figure out who the players are.

Bill
No change in management company recently, though there may have been a changing of the gaurd? I will have to investigate.

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 02:20 PM   #38
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo628 View Post
No change in management company recently, though there may have been a changing of the gaurd? I will have to investigate.
If there is a changing of the guard, my experience is the new leader wants to make their mark...

Took me 6 months of dealing with an HOA to change and update my homes windows from decades old aluminum frame single pane to dual pane, low E, double hung, highly expensive national brand, ( Anderson) fiberglass/wood composite, not-vinyl windows. Don't get me started...

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote