TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-17-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
camper john

Default Cracked fitting behind shower faucet

Has anyone had to replace the theaded attachment ring behind the shower faucet? This is the gray ring which (attaches the waterline) screws onto the back of the faucet. Unfortunately I did not drain my back drains and it froze over the winter.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #2
larsdennert

Most of the PEX parts should be available at an RV shop. My outside shower gave me some fits once.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
P and B

I have a 2008 and that part cracked as yours did (froze). I had to replace the entire faucet ($15.00). My understanding is that earlier models (and the faucet I just put in) has a removable piece where the shower hose attaches. If you have one of the older ones, all you have to do is just unscrew it and replace it with a new one. Probably wise to put some teflon tape on the threads.

Phil
Old 05-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
camper john

I found a 90 degree fitting with a 3/8 compression fitting on one side. Cut off the old fitting and replaced with new one. Unfortunately when I turned the water on I heard a leak under the tub. Will pull the electrical box next and see what else is leaking.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #5
Al-n-Sue

I found a leak in my 2003 in the fitting behind the cold water faucet in the shower. Not sure if something was cracked or just not on tight, but the pipes were so stiff and the working space so small, I could not adequately get to it to fix. So I took it to the dealer since I just bought it (in March) and he fixed it under warranty. Turns out the factory fittings are a little too long and the 90 degree elbow rubs against the inside wall of the trailer. They replaced the entire faucet assembly and the service mgr said the new faucet had a shorter stem on it so the elbow will not rub.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #6
DC Randy

Sounds like a common theme here.

To reiterate from some of my other posts on this Forum:

Just opened my '08 2720SL last weekend, having drained all the water out last fall (followed the water draining directions). BUT...I did not remove the kitchen sprayer, nor the outside hose (since I didn't use it when I bought it last fall). Kitchen sprayer busted.

When I turned on the shower hose, water gushed out under the metal fitting for the H&C water. I took off the fitting and discovered that there is a horizontal 3-4" black pipe that connects hot and cold and "t's" out where the hand-held hose connects.

This small horizontal pipe was cracked from end to end. Clearly water sat in that area and caused the problem. BUT I used the water pump to get all the water out (I thought). Next year I'll use anti-freeze and run it through the system. I'd rather spend more time cleaning out the system of anti-freeze, than replace all the pipes each spring.

Just haven't figured out what this water dripping out under the TM is, although I suspect it is related to the tub pipes. Ugh.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
DC Randy

Sorry..I meant to say that when I turned on the INSIDE tub, shower hose (not the outside...Lordy I haven't even looked at that yet!).