TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #31
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

This is not the first time someone here has reported an apparently negligent, but certainly potentially life threatening, installation of a furnace.

Below is a recent thread where another member reported that the intake and exhaust ports were not even connected at all in his new 3326.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=9519

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #32
Beak12

MY Elkmont is still on the assembly line. And will be delivered to Custom RV about 3 or 4 week before I can even see it. I'm trusting Custom RV will do a great job of making sure everything is working as it should. But I will be camping about 10 miles from the dealer so if things are not working right Matt said someone would come over and fix it. Go Custom RV.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #33
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Curly/Cochise -

I am not dismissing you or your problem. But I am asking you to address it like an adult, not like a child throwing a temper tantrum. And to be complete, and provide all information, not just selected excerpts.

With regard to your post, I am having trouble understanding some of it. You start off saying there is a letter to Mr. Odgaard, but I don't know what was said - I don't even know who Odgaard is. So the excerpts of the response aren't entirely meaningful to me. That makes it tough to follow your complaint.

It seems to me that Hulsey's response, as quoted by you, is pretty reasonable. He says that the dealer tried to do something about an installation - I can't quite tell what - and if it is wrong, it will be handled under warranty. I'm having trouble seeing the problem there. I'm not sure why the dealer has any part in installing the furnace, but that's a different question. Am I misunderstanding something?

Your first picture shows a top view of the furnace. It appears to be a bit skewed, and I'm not sure why, but Hulsey said if there is a problem, it will be handled under warranty. Since I don't know how the furnace is supposed to be installed, this snapshot doesn't tell me much. The kink in the gas pipe is not professional - you're right. So how did you handle that observation? Again, Hulsey offered to take care of it.

As you and others have said, the Elkmont is a new product, and so none of us here has extensive experience with it. If you had a specific question about one of the folding trailers, there would certainly be someone who could answer it. But it is quite possible that no one here knows the answer to your Elkmont questions, since none of us has lived very long with an Elkmont. If you have a specific question, such as "How is the furnace attached to the floor?", then one of our Elkmont owners may be able to answer, or provide a photo. But if your comment is simply "The furnace installation sucks!" - well, I'm not sure what you think we should do. By the way, did you use this same approach when you contacted TM Corp? Sounds like it.

I find it interesting that both of you seem to think that you need to provide this board with documentation. No one else has ever thought that. Your writing styles are also very similar. Any chance that the two of you are the same person? Regardless, you should be aware, since it was posted above, that this discussion board is not connected with TM Corp in any way, so providing us with documentation is meaningless. I'm sorry we can't help you, but we have no pull or influence with TM Corp.

So in summary, you have now made your point. You bought an Elkmont. You experienced problems. You don't think you have been treated right by the TM factory. You have initiated a lawsuit. You think other Elkmont buyers should be careful. OK, we understand all that. Is there any other point you wish to make? You haven't told us what you would like us to do, and you certainly have not asked for any help, which is largely what this board is all about. So I don't know where to go next. As I said, I don't think your approach is going to get you much sympathy here. Perhaps I'm wrong.

My grandmother used to tell me that "You attract more flies wth honey than with vinegar." That applies to a lot of situations.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #34
curlyontop

Bill, Did you not see my earlier post @ 4:28p.m. EST. I was HONESTLY trying to warn folks that the ELKMONT is not all it is cracked up to be. I will admit that the layout is awesome. My ONLY intention was to save someone else the grief that my husband and I have had to endure. I am sure that the TrailManors are great units. It was input from this site and actual telephone conversations with TrailManor owners that lead to our purchase.I am sorry if you or anyone else has misunderstood the purpose of my posts. I just wouldn't want to feel guilty of not warning people to stick with what seems to be working for them. As to cochise and I being the same person. I am a female living on the East Coast and he is a male living in the Mid-West. I agree with your Grandma on the vinegar v/s honey thing. If you will notice I have been quite polite concidering what we have had to deal with. I mean no offense to you or any of the other nice people on here. curlyontop
Old 03-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #35
Tuscany Bandit

I think that you are "Off Base" here Bill, with all respects...

These two people have legitiment gripes about the shoddy workmanship by Trailmanor.

How would you feel about spending over $20,000.00 for a trailer that has sooo many problems with it??? I for one would be irrate!!!

Stop backing up Trailmanor and smell the roses!

Trailmanor has apparently dropped the ball on this new addition to their trailer line! And it is time that the company ownes up to it or they will be in the same boat as Toyota...lost sales for both the Elkmont and the fold-ups.

Just MY thoughts...

Ps: love my 2005 2720SL...don't think I would buy a Elkmont
Old 03-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #36
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany Bandit View Post
I think that you are "Off Base" here Bill, with all respects...

These two people have legitiment gripes about the shoddy workmanship by Trailmanor.

How would you feel about spending over $20,000.00 for a trailer that has sooo many problems with it??? I for one would be irrate!!!

Stop backing up Trailmanor and smell the roses!

Trailmanor has apparently dropped the ball on this new addition to their trailer line! And it is time that the company ownes up to it or they will be in the same boat as Toyota...lost sales for both the Elkmont and the fold-ups.

Just MY thoughts...

Ps: love my 2005 2720SL...don't think I would buy a Elkmont
I completely agree Bill. It seems that you're getting a bit defensive here.....

This person or persons seem to be a lot more calm about this issue than I would be. The pictures that we have been shown of some of the furnace installations lately are very disturbing.

If I were taking delivery of a new Elkmont, I would very much appreciate the heads-up on the furnace installation, the gas plumbing issues and the water leak issues. These are things that the dealer should inspect very carefully before delivering these units.

This is not a cheap TT....... one would expect a lot more professionalism than what we have been shown here.

I'm shocked at these pictures...and I agree with the posters description of the people that did the installations.......that's all I can say.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #37
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Jerry and Wendy -

You're probably right, and I appreciate your input. The Elkmont has had mixed reviews, some good and some bad, and Trail Manor does not seem to have handled the introduction very well. I have no doubt that these people have experienced problems with their Elkmonts, and it is up to the factory to deal with them, just as the factory deals with problems with the folding trailers.

However, this is a polite forum, at least most of the time, and venting for the sake of venting is not usually encouraged as a problem-solving method. And comments like "kept in the dark and covered with poop" are not conducive to either problem-solving or useful discussion. And that probably goes for my comment about a child having a tantrum, too, so I apologize for that one.

So again I say, Curly and Cochise, you have made your point. You have warned us about the Elkmont, and quite forcefully. Can that be the end of the discussion?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #38
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Jerry and Wendy -

You're probably right, and I appreciate your input. The Elkmont has had mixed reviews, some good and some bad, and Trail Manor does not seem to have handled the introduction very well. I have no doubt that these people have experienced problems with their Elkmonts, and it is up to the factory to deal with them, just as the factory deals with problems with the folding trailers.

However, this is a polite forum, at least most of the time, and venting for the sake of venting is not usually encouraged as a problem-solving method. And comments like "kept in the dark and covered with poop" are not conducive to either problem-solving or useful discussion. And that probably goes for my comment about a child having a tantrum, too, so I apologize for that one.

So again I say, Curly and Cochise, you have made your point. You have warned us about the Elkmont, and quite forcefully. Can that be the end of the discussion?

Bill
I would hope that it is not "the end of the discussion". I, for one, would like to hear how the issue is resolved. I would also not like to discourage others from bringing up issues about their TMs......

We can all learn from this stuff. John is taking delivery of a new Elkmont soon and I would hope that he would ask the dealer to double check these issues before he takes delivery of his new trailer. Then John can tell us of his positive experience with pride.

Why is someone a "Bad poster" when he tells of his negative experience but he's a "Good poster" when his experience is all roses. No one learns from roses....
Old 03-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
I would hope that it is not "the end of the discussion". I, for one, would like to hear how the issue is resolved. I would also not like to discourage others from bringing up issues about their TMs......

We can all learn from this stuff. John is taking delivery of a new Elkmont soon and I would hope that he would ask the dealer to double check these issues before he takes delivery of his new trailer. Then John can tell us of his positive experience with pride.

Why is someone a "Bad poster" when he tells of his negative experience but he's a "Good poster" when his experience is all roses. No one learns from roses....
I'm afraid I agree. Both of these folks have been a lot calmer than I would have been! I probably would have driven mine to the factory and given Mr. Hulsey the what for!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #40
curlyontop

Thank you Harvey. I was wondering the same thing about the pictures. All of you guys have pictures on here of you enjoying your TrailManors and I was wondering why Mr.Odgaard was being reprimanded for posting pictures of the problems he is having with his unit. I will repeat, I only wanted to save someone else from the haertache my husband and I have gone through and at the same time possibly save a life.