TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tips and Tricks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
SneakyFrog

Default Wardrobe Organizer

I found this on Amazon. It looks perfect for our wardrobes! LINK Priced right at $6.10. (edit...the price is back up to $15.10 as of 9/11/07) I included a picture of it with the dividers added and something hanging off the side.

Rubbermaid Configurations 27-1/2-Inch Collapsible Modular Shelf Unit #3F22

Technical Details
Collapsible closet shelf unit, hangs from bar
Bottom shelves collapse to fit any space
Shelf dividers on bottom 2 shelves for organizing shoes
Neutral design for any home décor placement
Sturdy design for long-time use

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Product Description

Amazon.com Product Description
Fully collapsible for compact storage and easy transport, this modular shelf unit from Rubbermaid is a great way to keep that closet organized. This convenient shelving option attaches to any closet bar allowing for extra shelf space for clothing. Collapse just the bottom shelves if there's not enough room under the hang bar to fit the full length of the shelf unit. Shelf dividers on the bottom two shelves let you separate shoes for smart organization. Easy to clean, stain-resistant lining ensures years of tidy storage. A neutral design lets this sturdy unit match any home décor. --Brian D. Olson

Product Description
Configurations, Hanging Canvas Storage Shelf, Hangs From Closet Rod For Added Shelving For Clothing, Canvas Material With Stain Resistant Lining, Modular Shelf Dividers On Two Bottom Shelves, Bottom Shelves Collapse To Fit Shorter Spaces, 10.75"D x 13.5"W x 27.5"H.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2007, 12:19 AM   #2
BrigCA61

Default Good idea!

Hi Liz, that's a great price and a good storage option...thanks for sharing it!

I just bought one similiar to that at IKEA for about the same price. I haven't put it in yet tho, but will soon. We rarely ever use more than 1/3 of the wardrobe for hanging clothes, so the rest is usually wasted/unused space. I thought this idea would be great for storing light items like chips and breads, towels, etc.

Brigitte
Old 09-11-2007, 07:18 AM   #3
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Very cool...I like it!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:00 AM   #4
camp2canoe

The only downside to the forum is that opening posts gets expensive - last month we just had to buy the super-duper showerhead and this month the wardrobe organizer SneakyFrog was kind enough to post. The organizer makes a lot more sense and has to be lighter than building shelves in half the wardrobe. One other thing you might look for - it used to be that every time we'd raise the wardrobe the hangers, and anything left hanging on them, were in a jumble at the bottom. We bought a pack of Stay-Put hangers (Camping World #31375) and they really do stay on the bar - even if you leave jackets, etc. on them. - camp2canoe
Old 08-12-2008, 08:50 PM   #5
jacob mccandles

We just purchased a 2008 2720 SL. Our solution for the wardrobe: We found square plastic crates at Big Lots - you can fit 3 in the wardrobe. We keep shoes in the bottom one, then each of us get one to pack our clothes into! Pack them up at home, stow in the wardrobe for travel ... they were packed fairly tight for our 3 day trip and there was not much disarray after arriving at our destination. Still room to one side for hanging - jackets or whatever! Easy to carry dirty clothes back into the house and now they are empty and ready to fill for our next outing!

Jacob
Old 08-22-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
Queeniereads

IKEA shoe/closet "racks" work great for holding shoes, underware, etc in the wardrobe. Cheap! You can even buy little drawers that fit the holders. I bought 2 since we really don't hang too much. Found them in the closet seftion of the MA store.

Queen
Old 02-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #7
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

We have used one of those "Collapsible Modular Shelf Units" from Linens N Things. It works ok, but I'm looking for other options. The shelves on ours have sagged, and presumably because it does not go the full depth of the cabinet, stuff is everywhere but on the shelves when we get to camp and set up.

The walls of the wardrobe are definitely too weak to support shelving without some additional backing support of some kind. I'm starting to read some older threads about shelving units folks have built into theirs. We'll probably figure out something along those lines.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #8
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
We have used one of those "Collapsible Modular Shelf Units" from Linens N Things. It works ok, but I'm looking for other options. The shelves on ours have sagged, and presumably because it does not go the full depth of the cabinet, stuff is everywhere but on the shelves when we get to camp and set up.
This is what we use (or something similar): http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...03&KSKU=100709
I pop-riveted a 10x15" piece of Masonite under the top and inserted 10" dowels into a slit cut into the bottom of the hem at the front of the top three shelves (there is only room for using four shelves). The masonite and dowels give the structure some rigidity. We put tee shirts, shorts, and jeans on the shelves.
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:05 PM   #9
FotoCEO

Default On sale at Ikea

I found something similar at Ikea yesterday - the lime green one was on sale for $1.99 And it just goes to show how addictive this forum is that my first thought was, "I need to let everyone on the forum know"!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:30 AM   #10
fourteener

I've been meaning to post photos of the two wardrobe storage solutions we've been very pleased with. The first is one of the canvas hanging shelf units (I think my DW got it from Walmart for around $10), and the second is one of those organizers made to strap to a car seat back (co-worker gave it to me free) and I just screwed it to the back of the door frame. We use both a ton, and use the seat back organizer for wallets, keys, loose change, camera, multi-tool, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	983.3 KB
ID:	9748   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	9749  
2008 Toyota 4Runner
Upgrades - Lift Kit with 15" Tires/Rims/Spare & Rack,
Mud Flaps, Blue Tote Caddy, WDH Bar Holders,
Custom Outside/Chassis-mounted Tool Box,
Stove Cover, Bathroom Tension Self,
Outside Speakers, Fresh H2O Deck Plate,
100 Watt Portable Solar Panel, Shower Mod,
Over-wall TV mount - - (The fun never ends :-)
fourteener is offline   Reply With Quote