TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
OleBiker

Default Dumping sewage when camper is closed

I just purchased a 2006 2619 and have read in the owners manual about a handle at the base of the toilet that you should pull out if you intend to dump after you close the camper.

MY QUESTION IS:
After pulling this handle out, is it necessary to leave it out until after you dump? Or, can you push it back in prior to closing the camper ?

Thanks for your feedback
Old 06-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

You must leave it out to dump the toilet waste while TM is closed because if you open & then close it will not completely empty.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Before doing this the first time, I suggest you test with plain water to make sure that there is no leak. The toilet has been known (as mine did) to develop a leak around the seal at the bottom after the inside valve.

Tim
Old 06-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
Joseph

Default Then afterwards . . .

When you get home it might be a good idea to open the TM back up and close the toilet valve. Sort of a pain, I know.... But I have found that the seal in the valve is not as quick to deform that way and thus not cause a leak. And after having to replace that seal once, (you have to take the toilet out of the TM... oh joy... ) I am in no hurry to do it again....
Old 06-27-2011, 05:31 AM   #5
outdoored

Default Toilet Procedure

Hi.

What has worked best for me when I don't have a full hookup has been to purchase a 10-gallon tote and dump the toilet into that (5-6 gallons), close and rinse the toilet with fresh water (just to the point where it swirls when I push the button) and dump that (2-3 gallons), then close and re-charge the toilet. I then tow the camper to the dump site, dump the grey water, and then dump and rinse the tote. This has resulted in smell-free camping (in Florida), toilet seals that stay lubricated, and I don't have to do anything when I get home. I also use "potty toddy" tablets for the final re-charge which is just an extra layer of lubrication and protection.

Hope this helps.

-Ed
Old 06-27-2011, 06:46 AM   #6
Joseph

Default Thank you . . .

Now that is a good idea. I've got one of those totes but just never thought about using it the way you have explained. That would keep me from having to open up the TM again when I get home. I usually only use the tote to take some of the gray water out of the gray water tank as that is what seems to need attention more that the other on our trips. I somehow got hung up on the idea that the toilet had to be emptied into the dump station. Ah-duh!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #7
rumbleweed

I always open and rinse mine and add a small amount of water and chemical when I get home. I also use Rain-x on the bowl ever few trips as it makes the water clean it better when flushing. Be sure to use the one made for plastics. While open, I dry out the fridge and wet/dry vac out the water tank through the deck plate I added.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
ng2951

I will add one other observation about the toilet dump valve. That is the trailers with the external black water dump valve are lucky. When the onboard valve is stuck open the external valve works just fine and is far more durable than the toilet valve. It takes a little more water to fill the toilet, but everything still works fine.

BTW, I have heard the 2011 models have deleted the external valve. Bummer, IMHO...
Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #9
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

They did not eliminate the external dump valve but seperated the grey and black valves from each other, and you now have 2 external dump valves. I heard that it is manditory in the US now to have them that way on the new trailers. I could be wrong but that is what a TM rep told me when I asked him about the change. Now you have to dump black first and switch the hose and finish with the grey tank to clean out the hose.

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #10
ng2951

Quote:
They did not eliminate the external dump valve but seperated the grey and black valves from each other, and you now have 2 external dump valves...
Sounds like there will be a new attachment for the waste hose. Geeze our government regs has been weird as of late.

I was just reporting what the guy at TM told me. I guess he might not have understand what the intent was...