TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2007, 10:49 AM   #1
hhoenig

Default Boothbay ,Me.

anyone know about Little Ponderosa campground? We want to go back to Maine, but not too far up the coast. Thanks
hhoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
EdfromMaine

I live in the area. The campground is handy to Boothbay Harbor. A little open, in August and September you see a lot of large class A motor homes lined up. Most people like the campground. Lake Pemiquid Campground, near Damariscotta is larger, has a lot of wooded sites, mixed usage, lots of families, nice lake beach. Camden Hills State Park, Camden Maine is a nice option with easy day trips to Boothbay or in the other direction to Acadia National Park. This section of Maine gets real busy during July and August, book early. Don't forget to take a day trip out on the ocean, the Pink Lady in Boothbay has some nice 2/3 hour cruises or take a day trip out to Monhegan Island from New Harbor or Port Clyde.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #3
EdfromMaine

I forgot about Bradbury Mountain State Park. It is near Freeport (LL Bean) with easy drives to the coast, Portland, Brunswick, and as far up as Boothbay.