TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-18-2006, 05:43 PM   #1
miloboy

Default Just said 'bye' to Hi-Lo. Any Trailmanors out there?

Welll... My hubby and I are not exactly happy campers right now. We were to look at a 1992 exc. condition, $6,000, 22 ft Hi-Lo tomorrow. I just e-mailed the owner and told him we won't be coming. So, my husband's a bit *!#@!* off at me, because he was very interested in the Hi-Lo and I'm wanting a Trailmanor. We each have our reasons and it's hard to debate one over the other. He just figures with only $6000 invested, we won't be out too much if the 'camping thing' doesn't work out for us. I assured him that even with a newer Trailmanor costing 10-12K, we'd still be able to unload it - probably easier.
I'll keep checking here to see if a used 2720 sl should become available in the Northwest area. Please e-mail me if you should happen to know of one around that price range.
Thank you
Carrie
[email protected]
Old 11-18-2006, 06:05 PM   #2
Tuscany Bandit

Default Not 2720SL

Not a 2720SL, but is $12,000 and a 2003 model year.
http://www.goodsamclub.com/rvs/vehic...61/vid-270627/
Good luck on your search.
Jerry
Old 11-18-2006, 10:42 PM   #3
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Carrie,
Have you reviewed the units for sale on this site? Check out "2720SL '02 in Va for sale." He is asking just under $10K for the unit. Yes, it is in Viginia, but for that price, you'd still be money ahead and get a cross-country vacation out of the deal. Think about it.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
miloboy

Yes,
I even called the fellow about it. Nice guy. He was at a football game as we were talking. He knew I just wanted to get information and he was willing to take the time. He said somebody had already looked at it the night prior, so I would imagine it may already be sold. Sounds like it's just what we're looking for. However, I can't get that time off work. How else do people get trailers from one part of the country to the other?
Thanks!
Carrie
Old 11-20-2006, 06:34 AM   #5
meriflower

It may be wise to actually see a Hi Lo so at least you would have something to compare the TM to. Even though currently your heart is set on a TM it never hurts to look. And who knows after looking at both units your hubby may be with you on the TM and you can both be back to happy campers!
Old 11-20-2006, 09:34 AM   #6
SkeeterPD

To answer your question about how people get trailers from one part of the country to another, I recently clicked on a transport quote link at one of the RV for sale sites. Then I entered the remote location (a town in Georgia), destination (Amarillo, Texas), trailer size of a TM 2720 (length, height, width, and weight). The next day I received the following email.

I AM A FULLY INS. CARRIER BASED IN FT MYERS FL.
CARGO INS. $150,000
APPEARS TO BE AROUND 1135 MILES OR SO
RATE IS $1.50 PER MILE
IF UNIT IS NOT REGISTERED I HAVE TRANSIT PLATE FOR MOVING
TOTAL COST WILL BE AROUND $1700.00
I CAN DO ASAP IF YOU NEED
THANKS
FINISHLINE RV
FRANK BISHOP
239-980-0310 24/7

-- Skeeter
Old 11-20-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
miloboy

Thanks everybody for the information. We did stop at a dealer and view both the Hi-Lo and Trailmanor. I felt the Hi-Lo was cramped and dark. The TM was just the opposite for me. My husband thought the Hi-Lo was better made. He may be right... I don't know. I do know that I could live in a TM for an extended time and the Hi-Lo for short durations.
Carrie
Old 03-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #8
azroadrunner

Carrie, We just went from a 3124KS to a 2706T Hi-Lo. They are both great. You just look at the features which appeal to you. In our case Deanna needed the comfort of knowing that she could take down the unit by herself, which she couldn't do with the TM. The electric push button operation of both the top and the pop-out makes life easy.

Good Luck with your search.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:19 PM   #9
shunter917
Site Sponsor

I can tell you that TM's rank among the top 10 ten well made trailers. I had a link around somewhere for the site that lists them, but can't find it right now.

The ratings were done by an independant group, but I don't remember the name. I will try and find the link and post it back here.,
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:09 AM   #10
rtry9a

I have to wonder if anyone has figured out a way to do a one button TM setup- with electric/hydraulic motors maybe. Anyone know of a one?