TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2003, 01:58 PM   #1

Default Custom RV

I'm still looking! Here in AZ we do not have a TM dealer. I was wondring if anybody has delt with Custom RV or is there another one closer than what TM told me. Would like some feedback if you have it. Looking for 2619.
Thanks
Old 05-28-2003, 08:35 AM   #2
quacks

Default Re: Custom RV

Hi there -
Don't know how far Salt Lake City is for you, but in my searching I discovered Randy Lasater at Motor Sports Land offered me an incredibly good deal (2720 SD).  My local dealer matched it closely enough that I'm not going to drive to Utah from Seattle, but I will tell you Randy's quote was more than $4000 less than my dealer's original amount!

You can reach him via email:  [email protected]

Or by phone:
1-800-598-4001

Good luck!

8)
Old 05-28-2003, 11:24 AM   #3

I live in Arizona ( Gold Canyon ), I bought my TrailManor last October at the following dealer.

Van's RV-Trailer Co.
11565 W. Bell RD.
Surprise, AZ. 85374

Ph: 623-977-1292

The service was excellent.  Bob Wilson was the salesperson.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:32 PM   #4

Thanks for the info on the deal in Seattle. As far as Vans-RV, I know at one point they were a dealer out here, but when I called TM directly and told them am looking in AZ, they said the nearest is Custom RV in CA. I wish it were that easy. They really need one out here, I have several people that I have showed info to and are really interested in one. This is the perfect camping state for a unit like a TM. Hey, just outa curiosity TM in Gold Canyon, what model do you have and are you enjoying it. Thanks again to both of you. I might just call Vans RV and see if they still can do something.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:34 PM   #5

Thanks for the info on the deal in Seattle. As far as Vans-RV, I know at one point they were a dealer out here, but when I called TM directly and told them am looking in AZ, they said the nearest is Custom RV in CA. I wish it were that easy. They really need one out here, I have several people that I have showed info to and are really interested in one. This is the perfect camping state for a unit like a TM. Hey, just outa curiosity TM in Gold Canyon, what model do you have and are you enjoying it. Thanks again to both of you. I might just call Vans RV and see if they still can do something.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:57 AM   #6
BobWilson
Site Sponsor

I bought my 2720SD from Custom RV in Anaheim.  I can tell you that it is not fun driving thru the LA traffic.  Custom Rv says that they plan to move south a few miles. That will be easier for me.  It is good to have a dealer near by for repair and maintenance. Right now I have my unit back at the dealer for several manufacturing problems: like not being able to close the unit properly, or even open it without a great deal of effort.  And the toilet didn't work. And the door jam pin is too tight to get out.  By the way, I am not the Bob Wilson mentioned above who is a saleman in AZ.  I probably wouldn't make a good saleman.  I'm an engineer and picky about proper function and performance.

Bob W.
BobWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 09:32 AM   #7

I have the 2720 and I really like it.  I'm looking forward to taking it to Yellowstone this next month.

When I was looking for a TM, I went to the TM web sight and that is where I found the information on Van's RV and Trailer sales.

Good luck, let me know what you find out.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:32 PM   #8

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and just called VANS RV and spoke to Bob. They no longer carry the TM line. I asked why and he said it was no longer econimically feasible (small dealer). I went ahead and asked him what he thought of the TM. He said its a great unit and well designed. Oh well, I'll keep looking. I did find a nice one through TraderOnline if anyone is interested. Its a 2002, Model 2619 for $15,900. I talked to the guy but he was in ID and was getting ready to move to OR. He did say he'd drop the price to $15,000 before he moves, so he would'nt have to haul it. Just a little to far for this AZ boy. He did say if he hauled it to OR he will put it in the paper for the full price of $15,900. Here's the link if anyone wants to look, it looks real clean and he indicated that it has barley been used. Just what I'm looking for. This is a GREAT website and some day I'll find that 2619!

http://adcache.rvtraderonline.com/3/5/8/41320558.htm
Old 05-29-2003, 04:25 PM   #9
RandP

We bought our 2720 from Custom about two months ago and it was a very satisfactory experience.  the people there do not high pressure and will do about whatever is possible to make the deal work.  Its really important to go over the unit 2 or 3 times to be sure you understand everything and it all works.  This is true with any RV you buy.  Have a friend who just spent over 60k on a 5th wheel and its been back to the shop 3 times in 7 months.  You might wait until the RV shows start to run.  In SoCal the Pomona RV show is the largest.  Its around the middle of August, Custom would have the dates.  They may even go over in your direction for the shows.  
They are a great unit, love ours, pull it with a Dodge Dakota quad cab, 4.7 ltr auto.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:00 AM   #10

Thats a good idea on the RV shows, I'll ckeck in to it. Thanks! I've e-mailed them asking for some pricing, still no answer. What type of taxes do you pay in Cal on RV's? Does anyone know what to expect to pay for a new 2003 2619? I've seen a couple used from 2000-2002 with quite a difference in price.