TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Two Perrys

Default TV Mount on Bathroom Door

Have a 2619 and want to mount a 19 in FP TV over the bathroom door to the left of the sink. A TV mount that would "hang" over the door and easily removed would be ideal? Please reply if you have mounted a TV on the bathroom door and share the method you used.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
loripwilliams

I spoke to a Trailmanor Rep at the Dallas RV Show this weekend and he said that you can order a tv mount that will hang over the bathroom wall by the kitchen sink or the bathroom wall in the bed area and also on the outside wall to the right of the door for an outdoor tv. Hope that helps.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
Two Perrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by loripwilliams View Post
I spoke to a Trailmanor Rep at the Dallas RV Show this weekend and he said that you can order a tv mount that will hang over the bathroom wall by the kitchen sink or the bathroom wall in the bed area and also on the outside wall to the right of the door for an outdoor tv. Hope that helps.
Great to know that it is an option from Trailmanor. Now to figure out the part number. Closest dealer is 4 hours away and hasn't responded to my email or phone inquiries. Thanks so much for your response.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Have a 2619 and want to mount a 19 in FP TV over the bathroom door ...
I'm not getting the right mental picture here. Help me along.

If the bathroom door is closed, and you hang a TV flat on the door, you can't see the TV from anywhere.

If you swing the bathroom door open, you can see the TV from the living room or the bedroom, but it blocks the hallway, and I think you risk ripping the hinges out of the door.

What am I missing? Maybe you're thinking of mounting the TV on the inside of the bathroom door, for entertainment during ... your shower?

As an aside, I know that some people mount the TV on the bathroom wall to the left of the kitchen sink, as Lori notes. And others (like me) mount the TV on the side of the over-sink cabinet, so it can be viewed from the living room.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
hoverlover

hoverlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
rumbleweed

I would not hang any weight on the bathroom door ( wall OK) as the hinges are not meant to support much more than the light weight of the door.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #7
Two Perrys

Default TV mount

Bill, you aren't missing anything. I am. I misspoke. I want to mount the TV on the bathroom wall above and to the left of the sink. I do not have a cabinet over the sink. Thank you for bringing the inaccurate description to my attention.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
Two Perrys

Sorry. I meant the bathroom wall not the door.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #9
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

At one of the TM rallies, I won a flatscreen hanger. I believe that it was donated by Custom RV in southern CA. I'm hanging onto it until we buy a bigger flat screen. It is designed to hang over the bathroom wall. I think that they designed it, but I'm not sure. But then again their parents are the new owners of the TM factory. It's somewhere out in the garage/attic.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #10
Two Perrys

Lucky for you. Now if I could just get lucky enough to get the part number I'd be a happy camper.