TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-22-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
jcjim4

Default Air Conditioner too cold on low

I have an '08 2720SL and can't seem to set the thermostat to stop producing cold air. Compressor does kick on and off but is too cold on the warmest setting at nite and must be turned over to just the fan setting. Do all TM ac's have the "always on" blowers? Anyone have this problem? I always seem to read about "not cold enough" problems.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
cali camping

The compressor will kick on and off as the temperature changes. The blower will not however turn off if the demand for colder air is no longer required...the blower runs continuously.

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:55 AM   #3
evans27292

mine does the samething,i wish the factory could install a thermostat like the full size Travel trailers have and at our homes, but the way they open and close would be hard.but the furnace works that way!
Old 09-24-2007, 06:37 PM   #4
Kayaking Gators

Question Too cold A/C

We are new owners of a 2007 2720SL and took it out for our first trip last weekend in Florida. The TM was great but our only complaint is that the A/C was way too cold at night under low cool at the warmest setting. It was probably in the 70s at night but very humid and it was very uncomfortable if the A/C was turned off or just the fan was used. We would be interested to know if others have this problem because it's hard to believe that the unit is designed to be so cold at the warmest setting. My suspicion is that the temperature control is not working properly but I'd be interested in others' opinions/suggestions.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:58 AM   #5
jcjim4

identical to my problem... exactly
Old 09-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #6
Joseph

Default Too cold?

An air conditioner that is too cold? Wow! If the compressor is cycling on and off as Cali Campings states perhaps a low tech solution would be to pile on a blanket, open a window a bit, or snuggle up!.. An air conditioner that is a bit over zealous beats one that is a little weak in my book any day....