TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2003, 01:45 AM   #11

Default Re: Can't live without internet!

Dan, I too use to have the Kyocera 6035.  However, I got tired if it losing its memory, so I switched to the Vision Service.  I got a Sanyo SCP-4900, and have been very happy with it.  I find the reception the best I have ever seen.  I thought the 6035 had good reception, but this is better.

Also, the Vision service has some very good rate plans.  I have a 3500 minute anytime plan for $129.00.  This also includes unlimited data service, and I can share it with another phone.    If you get the future dial cable Sunshine mentioned from Radio Shack, you can use it on your lap top as a vision data connection.  This is not considered a dial up connection.  You do not even need your own ISP.

I find the connection speed really varries, when it is good, it is better then dial up, but this is usually not the case.

However, when you are traveling and just want to check your e-mail, this works great.  

To help speed things up, turn off your graphics.

Dave
Old 06-28-2003, 11:33 AM   #12
bbeckham

Default Re: Can't  live without internet!

Quote:
If you are looking for public internet access go to

http://www.connectnet.org

You will need zip codes for the places you want to visit.

That is a VERY cool link. I carry Delorme Street Atlas software on my laptop so the zip code is easy to locate. Just tested in the remote area in the TX panhandle.  
Old 06-28-2003, 11:41 AM   #13
bbeckham

Default Re: Can't  live without internet!

Connectnet's number is listed. Called 1-866-583-1234 and found that this service is available 24 hrs a day / 7 days a week!!!!