TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #21
cochise

One word of caution! My bed totally collapsed, tore from the front wall of the trailer, and I only had the standard gas struts installed. But I did use a length of PVC pipe to support the bed platform when we raised it to get under the bed. IMO that was a much easier way to deal with the problem of keeping the bed in the raised position. And it only cost me $ 1.25 for the pipe at Lowes.
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #22
Shandysplace

Default Thank You

Unfortunately, because of what happened to you and a few others; the factory confirmed that the structural design of the bed has been modified, or so we were told by our dealer, Custom RV-Anaheim, CA and Ed Lytle from the factory.

While we've not kept count, we've opened and closed our bed many times. Being older folks, lifting fairly heavy things is a challenge (why we traded our 3326 for the Elkmont) and while we currently have a handle on the bed frame to help and your PVC idea to hold it up, we're hopeful these beefier struts will ease the task. Only time will tell if the structural changes made in the bed design will hold up going forward.

Our biggest challenge regarding the bed is finding a comfortable mattress. We're in the process of exploring all the many suggestions on this thread. This thread and hundreds of others is why, at $12/yr., this Forum is an incredible value.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:14 PM   #23
cochise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandysplace View Post
Unfortunately, because of what happened to you and a few others; the factory confirmed that the structural design of the bed has been modified, or so we were told by our dealer, Custom RV-Anaheim, CA and Ed Lytle from the factory.
Sorry Andy, but why is that unfortunate?
Sorry again I could not help myself. I know what you mean, and yes it was a very unfortunate incident/accident. And I am happy that it appears to have been taken care of.
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #24
Shandysplace

Default Poor Choice of Words

I guess what we were trying to say is that it was unfortunate that for whatever reason, Elkmont owners where the QC department for the early Elkmont models rather than the factory, as your situation clearly illustrates.

We're both hopeful that under the new management team, long standing QC issues with all TM models will be rectified, not just the Elkmont line.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #25
Bigbit

Shandysplace: the Eurotop mattress is on sale at Camping World. $345 for the short queen with President's Club discount.