TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-21-2002, 10:59 AM   #1
KdHammonds

Default First Trip in 3023

I finally have a chance to detail our first trip in our 98 3023.  We made a late season, Nov. 7,8, & 9th, trip to Holmes County Ohio.  We towed the camper from Chillicothe, OH about 145 miles.  The trailer towed great.  We stayed at the Scenic Hills Rv Park in Berlin, OH.  The campground was nice, although they don't have any trees and few sites with grass.  We spent the first night without water since the campground had already turned off the water to the majority of the sites.  We were thankful for the Thetford Recirculating toilet without water hook ups.  We were able to move the next day to a site with water.  We were able to take showers and the bathroom and water heater worked just fine.  The weather was cool, in the upper 30's in the evening, but we were toasty warm in the TM.  The kids loved the camper and all three slept well in the Queen bed in the rear.  The kids are 8, 6, and 5 and slept across the short dimension.  

Overall we are very happy with the TM and are looking forward to the spring and summer so we can use it again.  I think we got a better deal buying in the late fall, but it means we will have to leave it sitting for the next 3-4 months.  I have pumped RV antifreeze into the water pump and drained the water heater by removing the anode rod.  I plan on leaving the TM folded up and storing it in the backyard.  Any comments on anything else I should do for the winter storage?  I plan on taking the battery off and storing it inside with a trickle charger connected to it.  

The only downer on the trip was our departure.  We packed up and folded up the TM and got ready to leave.  I got in our 98 GMC Safari van to back it up and connect it to the TM.  As luck would have it the van would not start.  We had to have the van towed home, Thank You AAA Plus.  Also lucky for us we were camping with my parents who own a class C motorhome.  They towed our TM home behind the motorhome and everyone and everything made it back to Chillicothe on Sunday.  By the way something went wrong with the ignition switch in the van and nothing mechanical was wrong with it.  It was explained to me that the key not only has to fit in the ingnition switch but must be recognized by the van "computer".  For some reason the "computer" was not recognizing our keys as being the correct ones.

Thanks for all the advice and helping us decide on the TM.  
Old 11-21-2002, 01:15 PM   #2
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Re: First Trip in 3023

Glad to hear that you had a good time with your new purchase. Regarding some hints about winterizing: see the topic "Tips & Tricks" then select Wnterizing Your Trailmanor. I have done this for years, and sure has helped come springtime.

Happy Camping next year

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote