TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #1
Carl22

Default water hook up

Is there a place to hook up to freash water at a camp site to your TM of do you olny use the water in your holding tanks?

Carl
Old 08-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #2
Senorsedona

Smile Water hook up

Carl, yes there is a hook up for the fresh water. On my 2720 it is near the location of your filler for the holding tank. It looks like a garden faucet connection. When you are hooked up be sure to turn off the warer pump.

I hope this will help you.

Jack
Old 08-07-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
BobRederick

Carl,
Also, be sure to use a pressure reducer on the campground water line. Your system in the TM is not able to withstand city water pressure. They are about $8 at a camping supply place.
Bob
Old 08-08-2005, 08:55 AM   #4
TandemKids

Default Re: Water Hook Up

Carl,

For my two-cents-worth, I would suggest that you also invest in a good water filter. Nothing ruins morning coffee more that funky water.

Michael
Old 08-09-2005, 07:09 AM   #5
kozfam4

Yes, get that pressure-reducer. Even if you are careful to barely turn the water on, you never know when some kids (like your own) might play with the handle.

One of my winterizing valves now has a lovely leak coming from a crack in the back of it. I'm just adding it to the list of parts that I'll need to order from Ed at the end of the season.

So far my parts list is as follows:
2 Light Covers (see Mobile Campfire)
1 Winterizing Valve
1 Dump Valve Handle
Old 08-09-2005, 07:28 AM   #6
Cateye
Cateye

The drain valve for the hot water tank failed on my last trip forcing me to use a pair of locking pliars to shut it off. I would highly recommend carrying a replacement valve. I am trying to locate a brass valve instead of the plastic one the factory installs.
2003 2720SL
1999 Grand Cherokee, 4.7L V8
Quadradrive
Factory Towing Pkg.
Cateye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:35 AM   #7
TandemKids

Default Re: Water Hook Up

Carl,

Just cracking the faucet open slightly will not work as a pressure reducing devise. As your TM water system fills, the pressure will equalize to whatever the campground pressure is. If that happens to be 80psi, you will have a bad day. Don't try it!

Michael
Old 08-17-2005, 06:58 AM   #8
Joesjunk
Site Sponsor

Default Any suggestions on reg. & filter

Anyone have any suggestions on a pressure reducer and filter? Do they come in one package? Do they attach to the faucet? As you can tell I 'm clueless...
Joesjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:07 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I have not encountered a combination pressure regulator and filter. Doesn't mean they don't exist - I just haven't encountered one.

A pressure regulator is short (3") cylinder with a diameter only slightly larger than your water hose. You screw it onto the campground faucet, and attach the water hose to the other end of it. They can be made of brass or plastic. The brass one has a more "hunky" feel to it, but I don't think it is superior in any other way, and it costs more.

Most filters that I have seen are larger cylinders, maybe a foot or 18" long and 4" in diameter. Like the regulator, it has hose fittings. You can install it anywhere in the water line - right up against the downstream side of the pressure regulator, or right at the trailer inlet, or anywhere in between. There are also permanent models that can be installed under the sink.

I haven't used a filter - they seem kind of annoying to me, and we carry 2 gallons of spring water in a jug for coffee, ice, etc. On the other hand, my Dad towed a big Airstream ("only the best"), and he swore by them. To each his own, I guess.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:37 PM   #10
Larry_Loo

One option you might consider is taking along a Brita pitcher. The pitcher filters out foreign particles and removes harmful substances from water that's run through it. The cost of a pitcher is a little pricey (~$25) but the combined cost of a filter and ion exchange device for your trailer would cost a lot more. We've taken one on trips with us and it's compact and easily stored.