TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
wheeler09

Thumbs up Factory check

Does any body know when the factory is going to stat taking appt. for checking out trailers,and adjusting them to factory specs.

The Wheelers
Vic & Scarlett
The Fritz & Missy
Old 02-25-2010, 06:05 AM   #2
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler09 View Post
Does any body know when the factory is going to stat taking appt. for checking out trailers,and adjusting them to factory specs.

The Wheelers
Vic & Scarlett
The Fritz & Missy
When I had mine done, I just called the factory and made an appointment. They were backed up about a month, so call well ahead of time.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
jhill30

I talked to Ed on Tuesday, he said that they offer that pretty much year round. He said that February was booked obviously, and March will book very quickly. So, if you have plans to get it done, you need to go ahead and make an appointment. He said to plan to leave it overnight, but they usually get them done in 1 day. They must be pretty busy though, I have been trying to get Adam to call me back for 3 days now. I want to take mine in, but it is a 10 hour trip for me. Not sure it is worth it.

John
Old 02-25-2010, 07:24 AM   #4
brulaz

Anybody know what in particular they look for?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
Anybody know what in particular they look for?
Pretty much everything. I took mine in because the front shell seemed hard to open, the door separated while opening, and 1 of my center hold down latches had been repaired by me. According to them the front shell was within specs, they installed the new style latch on the door, installed a new center hold down latch, plus they caulked the roof/edge seam, installed new door gaskets, and replaced the bed support caps. I also purchased an extra center hold down latch (the opposite of my repaired one), and some extra turn knobs for the bumper cover.

I went down in August 08, and it was about an 8 hour trip, so I camped the nite before at a local campground, they spent couple of hours on my unit the next day while I toured the factory and the area, and left about 2p. I spent that nite camping near Blacksburg, VA., and was home mid-day the following day......it was a good trip.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
RogerR

What kind of fee structure did they have?
Also, did they check the electric brake system?

I have a 2005sl with several thousand miles. Can anyone suggest how long brakes last on average. Hate to run out of pad in mid-trip.

thanks, Roger
Old 02-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
Also, did they check the electric brake system?

I have a 2005sl with several thousand miles. Can anyone suggest how long brakes last on average. Hate to run out of pad in mid-trip.

thanks, Roger
When it comes to brakes, there are no "Averages". There are only individual driving habits, terrains, weather, systems and results. I've seen brakes last 500 miles and I've seen them last 20,000 miles.......on the exact same make & model vehicle. Trailers are no different.

It's sorta like asking, "What is the average life expectancy of a male?". It may have some value as a statistic but it has absolutely zero value to any one particular human being. Brakes wear out......people die. One particular case or average has nothing to do with any other person or vehicle.

There is no substitute for yearly inspection. In some cases (like this one) averages can be dangerous.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:10 AM   #8
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
As of Aug. 08, it was $75 per hour, plus parts of course. But they did a lot in the 2 hours that they charged me.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #9
wheeler09

Thumbs up

Thanks to all, I talked to ed and I have a appointment for March the 8th.
If it will quite snowing here in the mountain of arkansas.

Thanks again to all for the help.