TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #11
jbh1993

We sure need to see one in Tenn ,Alabama, or North Mississippi . I think if the dealers could get them they would sell like hot cakes. The lightweight is going to be great for those who have wanted an upright.
jbh1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:34 AM   #12
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh1993 View Post
We sure need to see one in Tenn ,Alabama, or North Mississippi . I think if the dealers could get them they would sell like hot cakes. The lightweight is going to be great for those who have wanted an upright.
Last time I was there you could easily see the full size TM at the factory in Lake City TN but if you wanted to see one of the original ones you was out of luck. If you want to see one in TN just call Ed & setup a visit they are very accommodating.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #13
glking

I saw the Elkmont this past weekend at the Trailmanor dealership in Anaheim, CA. Extremely nice unit and I was tempted to move on it, but instead chose the 3023 model because of the additional space for sleeping. I believe one of the guys told me a price 23,000.00 for the fully loaded model sitting there.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #14
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I got to see one today and we liked it...even through we had just finished looking at a Bounder 40 ft motor home. The Elkmont does seem to have a lot of storage room. There were certain things we loved about it:

The trailer tongue seems HUGE to us and we love the expanded metal on it behind the propane tanks! We stood there discussing what we would use that space for.

We like the storage on the outside on the front of the camper.

We loved the way the bed mattress rests on the TM aluminum/styro-foam/aluminum sandwich....sure beats the 1/4 inch plywood that was in the Keystone Outback we previously owned.

We like the storage under the bed and that the gas lifters were already installed.

We like the cabinets. I liked the one I had been wanting to see...tried to take a picture but could not get far enough back to do it justice.

We like the seating for the dinette.

We like the bathroom.

I like the shower and liked that there is good caulking in it.

We like the color scheme.

I am not crazy about carpet in a camper for our personal use but like the carpet style/type around the bed.

We liked the LED tail lights and aluminum wheels.

The fridge is nice.

Other notes:

We thought the air conditioner would be just as noisy.

I thought the cabinets in the bathroom looked deeper in photos then in person.

I think we would eliminate the dining table and pack t.v. type trays.

For now we are very happy with out 3124KS but could see this as a possibility some years from now.

We ran into a LOT of people that we know at the show and met some really nice people too. Seemed like a low turnout but it was just the first day of the show. All of the local dealers were present and some others had traveled a bit for the show.

All we bought were two bottles of water.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:53 AM   #15
jarden

Default Carol & Lou

What TV are you towing your Elkmont with?
Old 04-28-2009, 07:30 AM   #16
JOEALAN

Default Lou, Carol how's the new Elkmont holding up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol & Lou cornell View Post
Thanks for starting this new space for Elkmont owners. Hubby and I traded in our 2008 3124 for the Elkmont at the Florida RV show in January and took it out for a shakedown trip week before last to Orlando, about a 2 hour trip from our home in St Petersburg FL. While we loved the 3124KB, we travel with our 2 dogs and there were times when we wanted to make stops along the way and one of us always had to stay in the car with the dogs. Being first time campers, we really liked the many features and light weight of the 3124 (we pull with a 2008 Toyota highlander), so when I saw a picture of the Elkmont, it seemed like it might suit our particular situation better. Hubby was a little concerned about how much shaking the new camper would do on the interstate when trucks go by. I'm happy to report that while he feels there is a little more wind resistance, we didn't notice much sway from trucks going by, and gas milage was similar. We have the model with the walk around queen bed, and it is a perfect size for 2 people and a couple of dogs. Our 3124 had 2 sofas, which was nice for watching TV, but we didn't mind one of us watching on the bed and the other one on the sofa of the new camper. The biggest pluses for us was the full size refrigerator, the larger bathroom with a bunch of storage and we liked the toilet with the holding tank (I understand you can also get the recirculating toilet if you want one) and being able to put the dogs in the camper when we make a stop. Since we're not much into boondocking, this suits us well. It was also a little easier getting ready to decamp since we didn't have to take anything off the walls. We also like the fine quality cabinets and walls that are a trademark of the Trailmanor product, which we love.
One thing that amused us was that we were no longer the object of curiosity/interest in the campground, the way we were with the 3124. I guess we looked like any other lighweight travel trailer from the outside.
On our recent trip, we got a chance to try out the camper in heavy rains (from noon one day to noon the next). No problems except for some condensation on the inside of the windows. Also had a cold front come in and temps dropped to the 30s so we had a chance to try out the gas furnace, which worked great and we stayed nice and warm. We've been told also that the AC unit in the ceiling is a little quieter than in our old unit, but it hasn't been warm enough yet to try it out.
So all in all we are very happy with out new camper and will be happy to answer any and all questions!

Carol and Lou Cornell
Lou, Carol, how' your new trailor holding up? I'm really curious about the handling on the road and uphill. Any wind resistenced? In comparsion with your TM, how's the gas mileage?

Have a geat day and greating camping trips.

Joe S.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #17
JOEALAN

Default Elkmont, towing milage with and without TM

Just read a article in local newspaper about the new Elkmont. Tow vehicle is the new Ford Flex, crossover not quite an SUV, not a mini van, nor a station wagon, economy car or pickup. Around town it got around 19 miles a gallon on average driving. When Elkmont hook-up, milage dropped to 10.5 miles per gallon. On freeway the Ford Flex gets around 24 miles per gallon and hook up to Elkmont 14.4 miles per gallon. I have 1/2 ton Ford Serra truck with small V-8 and towing my TM my mileage drops about 2 miles per gallon. Wait tell gas hits 5 bucks again.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #18
Nature Recorder

Default New to Forum and waiting for my Elkmont to arrive.

Hi all,
Been a member since 5/18 but this is my first post.
I have been looking for a lightweight trailer for use as a base camp for doing nature videos in the Pacific NW for almost a year until I came across TrailManor. We have a distributor here in the Portland area and spent several visits driving the sales guy crazy with questions and further views of the TrailManor models they had in their showroom. The big selling points for me on the Elkmont was the room, weight, and amount of storage it had. I was disappointed in the fold-ups because of the lack of storage above the counter top and the fact that all had to be stowed before you could travel although their floor-plans were well thought out.
I have one on order now and am anxiously awaiting its arrival in about 2 more weeks.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #19
Nature Recorder

Update (finally);
The factory is finishing up my Elkmont. It will be picked up by transport Wednesday or Thursday of this week. It won't be known until it arrives if the driver will deliver to CA first or OR (only 2 trailers on the transport says the dealer). Should be here (fingers crossed) by Wednesday next week (July 1st). Dealer still has all their "stuff" to do for inspections and such so have a chance to pick it up on Friday July 3rd. Not trying to go anywhere for that weekend but looking forward to "playing" with it in the driveway.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:27 AM   #20
lnussbau

At the Jubilee, factory folks said the Elkmont is over 30 percent of sales (I forget the exact figures, but much higher than I expected).