TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
tulagi

Default What happens to bed sheet, quilts etc when bed is closed?

This my first attempt to post, and I am not sure how it will work out. I found no explicit instructions with example, or definition of thread, new thread etc.

My question is: What happens to bed linens, sheets, blanket etc., when the bed is slid in or out. I hope you do not have to make/unmake the bed up every time you open/close the slide. I thank you all in advance.
Jim
Old 05-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
P and B

Your post came across fine Jim. There is a place to create a profile.

You can't leave large pillows on the bed but your sheets and thinner blankets should be fine. We have a king size featherbed that we leave on. It has a cover on it. Then we have a down comforter with a duve cover on it. This way we don't "make the bed" per se but just sort of throw things back there. The covers are, in effect, the sheets, which we then take off and wash. In my opinion, what you adopt will depend on many things including who you're sleeping with ;-)

Just don't put really thick or non-compressible bedding back there.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Phil
Old 05-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #3
agesilaus

You'll know if the bedding is too thick if you hhave a hard time closing the TM

BK
Old 05-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
PopBeavers

We use a Travasak. It is rolled up when not in use.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

When you slide the bed in (and out), whatever is on it stays on it. If you have a box on top of the bed, and you slide the bed in, the box will still be there.

Where you may run into problems is when you close down the shells.

You have to push the beds in first, and then close down the shells. If whatever you've placed on the beds is too bulky, you will have problems closing down the shells.

The "sliding bed box" contains about a 5 inch thick mattress, which is snugly enclosed in the box, up to the top of the mattress, around all sides of the bed, except the side where you climb in. Tucking in the bedding is difficult except for a fitted sheet. That's why so many people like the Travasaks. They sit on top of the mattress and aren't too thick.

We keep a fitted sheet on the mattresses and either bring along a down comforter or sleeping bags. We usually put the comforter, the sleeping bags, and pillows between the dinette seats and use them to cushion the TV/DVD player when we're on the go.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:49 AM   #6
Scott O

We replaced the stock bed with an air mattress (queen AeroBed) and use a Travasak. When the bed is deflated we have room for all sorts of stuff on top of it (blankets, pillows, heavy jackets, small children, etc.) without interfering with closing the shell. Just kidding about the small children...
Old 05-14-2008, 10:24 AM   #7
Bill & Lisa

Yeah, sure Scott. Then how come your profile now lists one less kid than it did last month?
Old 10-27-2016, 05:49 AM   #8
andy volkerts
BannedUsers

Hi, new here and don't you think that mattress topper is much better than comforter sets?
Old 10-27-2016, 08:45 AM   #9
Gwenne & Len

Our first TM was a 2720, with the factory 4" mattress. We put a 2" tempurpedic topper on it, left sheets and light blanket on it, and it closed......a little tight, but it closed. We removed the bedspread to close it. Our present TM had no mattress, so we got 3" med foam topped with a 3" tempurpedic topper.......closed just fine again, with sheets and light blanket. We store the pillows and comforter in the shower when traveling. In retrospect, I would do 2" med foam and the 3" topper.....
2012 Highlander
Leelanau County, Michigan
Gwenne & Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:07 AM   #10
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Here you can see the closed rear section. Note there is no clearance between the reading light and the stock mattress.

This is why the bathroom wall needs to be up to get power to the rear interior lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	closedrear.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	14346