TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-21-2023, 09:47 PM   #1
Rob Culver

Default Trailmanor manuals?

Hello all,
I just took delivery of a 2023 Trailmanor 2720 QS model. Unfortunately, the owners manuals were not available.

From the trailmanor web site I downloaded a trailmanor-classic-owners-manual-v091119.pdf file. This was not specific to a year so I assume it was for 2024?

Is there a separate downloadable doc for other years like 2023? Good information in this doc but it was not very detailed and mostly just referenced separate manuals for the various subsystems such as refrigeration, heating, water pump, AC, plumbing, electrical and what not? Is there any place that these manuals can be downloaded from? Thanks in advance for information that anyone can provide.
Rob Culver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 06:50 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Culver View Post
I downloaded a trailmanor-classic-owners-manual-v091119.pdf file. This was not specific to a year so I assume it was for 2024? Is there a separate downloadable doc for other years like 2023?
As you noted, TrailManor manuals are not year-specific. You can think of them as being generation-specific, since unlike cars, Trail Manors themselves don't change a lot from year to year. My guess is that you have the most recent manual. It is always worth checking the Trail Manor Technical Library. If a new manual is issued, it would likely be copied there.

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...splay.php?f=42

Quote:
Good information in this doc but it was not very detailed and mostly just referenced separate manuals for the various subsystems such as refrigeration, heating, water pump, AC, plumbing, electrical and what not? Is there any place that these manuals can be downloaded from?
Trail Manor does not stock appliance manuals. Normally, as they uncrate and install a refrigerator, for example, they grab the manual that was packaged with it, and put it into the binder. I'm not sure why that didn't happen for your unit, but you can easily remedy it by downloading it directly from the manufacturers' web sites. This ensures that you get the correct and up-to-date manual for your particular piece of equipment, even if the equipment manufacturer makes a change. It is worth doing.

Trail Manor Owner's Manuals are intended to cover items and equipment that are Trail Manor specific, such as the lift system and internal wiring.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 08:10 AM   #3
Rob Culver

Thanks very much Bill. Excellent tips.
Looks like there's quite alot of great information in the tech library too.
Great idea to make that section only updatable by you in order to keep it
well organized. Thanks again!
Old 12-22-2023, 11:51 AM   #4
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Just a suggestion. Take a snapshot of all your appliance info tags. This way you have the model and serial numbers if you need them in the future. I even crawled under my rig and got the tag for the axle, didn't get to the a/c unit, but I always let experts service or repair when needed.
I added the info to the parts listing that came with my blue book and keep copies on my phone and tablet. Makes it easy if yer on the road and need a part.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 07:53 PM   #5
Rob Culver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
Just a suggestion. Take a snapshot of all your appliance info tags. This way you have the model and serial numbers if you need them in the future. I even crawled under my rig and got the tag for the axle, didn't get to the a/c unit, but I always let experts service or repair when needed.
I added the info to the parts listing that came with my blue book and keep copies on my phone and tablet. Makes it easy if yer on the road and need a part.
Thanks Kidraz. Just because something sounds like an obviously smart thing to do doesn't mean I'd do it. Unless someone suggests it. lol. Thanks again!
Old 12-24-2023, 07:16 PM   #6
Rob Culver

Looking through the latest trailmanor owners manual which I downloaded from trailmanor.com, I have to wonder how up to date the information is and when it was last updated. I've found what appears to be out of date or incorrect info in a few parts.

As an example, on page 27 they state that there is a recirculating Thetford Electra Magic toilet. There's no brand name that I can find on my 2023 toilet but it's not a recirculating toilet. It appears to have a small black tank right under the bowl and then it also has a tube coming out of there routed up to the ceiling. If a black tank is an option for a 2023 2720 QS model, it's not mentioned anywhere on the web site and I get the impression that my toilet is the standard for my year. There is also a black tank led gauge near the kitchen sink convincing me more that this is not a recirculating toilet.

On a side note, can anyone weigh in on experience they've had in rerouting the tube so it doesn't go out the top of the trailer? It doesn't look good aesthetically that way. On the other hand, I've read in this forum and in other places that it was common to have odor problems in the recirculating or cassette toilets. So I don't want to make any changes if this particular configuration is good at preventing odors and if rerouting the tube or replacing the toilet with a cassette might not be.

Thanks in advance for advice anyone can provide based on their own experience.
Old 12-24-2023, 11:49 PM   #7
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Just vent it through the wall. This works great:

https://a.co/d/c6MwHPT

TrailManor can’t vent this way due to RV codes. But everyone who has installed their own Dometic SeaLand Traveller 711-M28C toilet (that’s what you have, by the way) vents it through the wall.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 09:38 AM   #8
Rob Culver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Just vent it through the wall. This works great:

https://a.co/d/c6MwHPT

TrailManor can’t vent this way due to RV codes. But everyone who has installed their own Dometic SeaLand Traveller 711-M28C toilet (that’s what you have, by the way) vents it through the wall.

Thank you Shane for that excellent information and Merry Christmas!

It occurred to me that the Trailmanor online manual is now reflecting the 2024 models in which they may have gone back to the Thetford recirculating toilet. Does that sound right? Perhaps they want back to the Thetford due to the bad aesthetics? Do you believe that the Dometic Model with black tank eliminates the odor problem? If it does, then it's too bad that Trailmanor was not allowed to vent out the side and make that standard.
Old 12-25-2023, 12:12 PM   #9
Shane826
TrailManor Master

The recirculating toilet is discontinued by Thetford so I doubt it. The new Sport models have the Laveo Dry Flush toilet. The SeaLand venting has been a point of contention. It’s not ideal but it’s the best solution for what they have to work with.

I installed the Dometic SeaLand toilet in my 3326 and it’s some of the best money I’ve spent on the camper. Vented correctly and with the right toilet treatment it works great. I highly recommend Liquify…

https://a.co/d/1vmXYYB

I highly recommend adding a tank flush because the biggest design flaw is the bottom of the tank is flat so all the chunks don’t flow towards the drain in the center. I have this one waiting to be installed; others have installed it at my recommendation and said it works great.

https://a.co/d/9vqtCHV

The other mod you may want to make is a water heater bypass. With a real flushing toilet you will have to push antifreeze through the plumbing to winterize or the flush valve will freeze and crack. Ask me how I know…
I think TM now installs a bypass from the factory but I’m not sure. I used this one. Took some effort to install but works perfectly.

https://a.co/d/c6xixzx

Any other questions on this toilet please ask!
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 08:13 AM   #10
Rob Culver

Thank you Shane for those suggestions. I used a snake to clean the black tank successfully on a previous RV. The one you referenced looks promising. Great to hear that you're happy with the Sealand toilet. Was your motivation to replace the Thetford due to odor problems?

I may try to do the venting to the side work myself. How would you rate the difficulty of that? Thanks again...