TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #1
rdanpurnell

Default Toilet pump stopped working

I need advice. We have a 2000 3023SL. On our last trip the Thedford pump quit circulating. I checked the fuse and it is OK. When you push the recycle button there is no power to the pump.

Questions:

1) Are there any other troubleshooting techniques I can perform? Electrical conductivity, etc.
2) If the pump is bad, is it easily replaced?
3) Is it mandatory to have the pump operational to use the toilet? I am leaving on a 2week trip and will be using the system.

Thanks for any replyies and help.

Contact me directly @ [email protected] or (360) 774-1644
Old 10-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

When you say you checked the fuse, I assume you mean the fuse in the TM's converter. Are you aware that there is another fuse, in the toilet assembly itself? You need to take off the hood behind the seat (two LARGE Phillips screws, as I recall). Once you lift off the hood, you can see the motor, the flush switch - and an inline fuse holder. You can see the picture in the Installation manual that came with your Thetford, or you can see the same thing online at the Thetford site.

For many years, Thetford shipped the toilets with a 5-amp fuse. They occasionally blow for no apparent reason, so Thetford suggests replacing them with a 7 or 8 amp fuse. This is most likely the problem, and it is real easy to fix. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

Let us know what you find.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
jcjim4

I got tired of replacing the 5 amp fuses and switched to a 7.5 amp. Seems to have solved that problem.