TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
Frank777

Default Fan vent cover

I went to install my Max Fan vent cover today.

Well... to my surprise the cover did not fit the fan on my 2000 3124KS. Don't know about other models ...but not mine.

I guess it's because the fan is not a TRUE Fantastic Fan. The cover would not sit straight over the vent and I decided NOT to screw the attaching hinges into the thin plastic surrounding the fan housing. There is no metal ring on the inside.

HOWEVER...the fan had a wooden frame around it on the roof so I added wood to the frame on 3 sides, not the side facing the rear. I water proofed the wood and painted it and then got some 5/8 aluminum wood screws and washers with rubber on one side and screwed the cover into the added wood. I caulked all the exposed wood screws so I think it will be fine until I can get some pressure treated wood and do a FIRST CLASS job. Today's was only about 95%. But since we're leaving tomorrow for Lake Cochiti and the TENT ROCKS I wanted to get it done today.

I put plywood on the roof so all went well and there are no holes.
The fan works great and we'll have some ventilation when it's raining.

I then mounted my license plate bracket onto the bumper. I can only get the sewer hose in from one side but that's fine.

All in all a challenge I wasn't expecting.

God bless, Frank
Old 07-07-2007, 04:48 AM   #2
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

I then mounted my license plate bracket onto the bumper. I can only get the sewer hose in from one side but that's fine.

God bless, Frank
Is you license plate lit in this position?? A lot of states (including mine....Virginia) will give you a "non-moving" "improper tag display" ticket if the tags are not lit at nite, and also will not pass the state safety inspection. Just a thought.

Chap
Old 07-07-2007, 07:52 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Frank -

Nice solution to the vent cover problem.

Quote:
I can only get the sewer hose in from one side but that's fine.
How come? What's the problem? As I recall, the black rubber plugs at the ends of the tube were a pain to get in and out, but that's easily fixed. If there are screw points protruding inside, they should be fixed, too, but again, that's easy.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #4
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

On my 2000 2720SL, the frame underneath the vent on the roof is not wood. It's PVC. I initially thought it was wood painted white, however, from the "end grain". But it's just the marks made by the saw used to cut it.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote