TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-28-2003, 06:39 AM   #1

Default Gap in seal closed and dust

My new 2003 2619 has gaps between the lower seal of the front upper shell and the main body of the trailer when closed. The front 3 feet on both sides has a gap of about 1/2" till it gets back to the rear upper shell. The dealer showed me this gap on another new Trailmanor and said that it is common. The dealer said older 2619's had a kicker extending out from the body to fill this gap and he will check into getting it for my trailer.

Do any of you have this gap?

Do you have the kicker extending from the body of the trailer to fill this gap?

Our first trip traveling on gravel roads over the Memorial day weekend had dust from this gap to the fantastic vent and airconditioner. The stove under the vent also got coated with dust. I believe the pressure diferential between the top of the trailer and the bottom created a draft drawing the dust through the trailer from the gap to the vent and airconditioner. Dust was much reduced over the rest of the trailer
Old 05-28-2003, 07:00 AM   #2
FishinFool

Default Re: Gap in seal closed and dust

Just purchased my 2619 two months ago and will certainly check to see if I have that same gap.  I have been camping 7 times since the purchase and have had no reason to suspect any leakage....but then again, I have not been driving in any rain or on dusty roads.

I have noticed a slight build up of dust in the top of the stove but just chalked that up to settled dust from the previous trip.

I'll let you know if I have that same gap.  If I do, I would be interested in doing something about it as you are.

Happy Camping Y'all
Old 05-28-2003, 12:38 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re: Gap in seal closed and dust

Quote:
... I believe the pressure diferential between the top of the trailer and the bottom created a draft drawing the dust through the trailer ...
Now that's an interesting thought!  In many industries and applications, the technique used to prevent infiltration of dust or gas is to provide positive pressure inside the space to be isolated.  Think biohazard suits, etc.  I don't think it would be too hard to mount a small HVLP blower in a TM to keep dust out...

Lemme think about that ...

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote