TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
Bill & Lisa

Default What is a proper seal when unit is closed up?

Last weekend we notice that when we close the TM up there may be an adjustment problem on our front shell.

Hopefully the picture I drew will attach but basically, looking at the unit from behind the sides of the front shell bow out slightly but enough so that the seals on the side of the front shell walls do not seal against the sides of the rear shell.

Is this normal and we just didn't notice? We dont get dust and such up inside (maybe because of the seals on the rear shell sealing further up (where they leave the marks on the inside ceiling and walls?)

I might be able to adjust the stirups in a little bit as far as where they attach to the bottom of the front shell side walls but probably not enough to significantly affect the tightness of the seal.

thanks for any feedback and suggestions,

Bill
Old 10-17-2006, 09:26 AM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

The link doesn't work for me....
Old 10-17-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
Travler

This I would refer to the manufacture

Last weekend we notice that when we close the TM up there may be an adjustment problem on our front shell.

Hopefully the picture I drew will attach but basically, looking at the unit from behind the sides of the front shell bow out slightly but enough so that the seals on the side of the front shell walls do not seal against the sides of the rear shell.

Is this normal and we just didn't notice? We dont get dust and such up inside (maybe because of the seals on the rear shell sealing further up (where they leave the marks on the inside ceiling and walls?)

I might be able to adjust the stirups in a little bit as far as where they attach to the bottom of the front shell side walls but probably not enough to significantly affect the tightness of the seal.

thanks for any feedback and suggestions,
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:46 AM   #4
rpcoombs
Site Sponsor

You should be able to adjust the hold down clamps enough to hold the front shell snug against the rear one. I had this same problem and ended up adding a star lock washer to each adusting bolt/nut in addition to the factory split lock washer to prevent loosening. If it is not snugged down, the movement of the front shell seal will wear against the rear shell edge and wear through its paint to reveal the aluminum underneath (not a fatal flaw -- it is only cosmetic damage). It (looseness) may also cause a "hook" to develop on the hold down clamp preventing a clean release of same when you try to release it (this can be filed off to correct). Cheers, Dick
rpcoombs is offline   Reply With Quote