TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-29-2003, 04:55 AM   #1
Rene_R

Default Outdoor Cooking

Still waiting for delivery of our 2720, and still planning away...    All this waiting is driving me nuts!!!

Planning to get a grill to tote along on our trips.  After all, we are supposed to be camping!   Have looked on line, but was hoping one of you would have some good advice.  

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:51 AM   #2
grkman1

Default Re: Outdoor Cooking

We Use a George Forman Electric grill with pedestal.  We can use in on the pedestal or on the table.  It cooks great, meat come out moist, stores easy inside the trailer and best of all cleans fast and easy.

Good luck

George
Old 06-29-2003, 09:28 AM   #3
Happytrails

For outdoor cooking, we simply use one of those little red and black propane grills that run off the 1lb bottles, seems to work really well for us as it's so small and portable, plus we already have need to carry the 1lb bottles for a lantern we use outside the TM.

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails........[/glow]
Old 06-29-2003, 01:08 PM   #4
Carol
Site Sponsor

We use a Smokey Joe Weber Grill for charcoal grilling. It doesn't take up much space and you can control the cooking better than over an open fire.

Carol  
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 03:05 PM   #5
kdrickard
Site Sponsor

The Weber Smokey Joe is a great charcoal grill, I have one that's close to  10 years plus and still going great.  If you're looking for high-tech, check out the the Weber "Q", kind of pricey, but looks good for a gas grill.

Kevin
kdrickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 02:48 AM   #6
MawCraig

We ordered a Broil King Porta Chef gas grill from Camping World last year.  With the Extend-A-Flow-Plus hose and a Second Chance fitting, Wayne can connect to the gas bottles on the TM.  

Wayne is really pleased with this grill.  He fixes hamburgers, steaks, BBQ chicken and ribs, you name it.
Yum yum!!
Old 06-30-2003, 03:18 AM   #7
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
We ordered a Broil King Porta Chef gas grill from Camping World last year. With the Extend-A-Flow-Plus hose and a Second Chance fitting, Wayne can connect to the gas bottles on the TM.

Wayne is really pleased with this grill. He fixes hamburgers, steaks, BBQ chicken and ribs, you name it.
Yum yum!!

Just like MawCraig, I have a Broil King Porta Chef grill...I love that grill!! You can see it at http://www.broilkingbbq.com/broilkin...uct.asp?PID=20  I bought a 1 gallon LPG tank from Camping World and it will last most of the Summer.  I got my Broil King from BBQs-Galore http://www.bbqgalore.com/

The grill works great, cooks well, and is very easy to transport.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 03:23 AM   #8
bbeckham

We use a small Weber Grill powered by a small camp stove size propane tank. Works great. We wanted something which would not require electricity. Camped last summer during the height of the fire season. While there were burning bans in a lot of places we went, we were always allowed to use this grill.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:28 AM   #9
arknoah

Ours is like Happy Trails, one of those small propane grills.  We also have a small propane stove for outdoor cooking.  Each of them uses the small propane bottles.  One thing I just started: I number the propane bottles, or at least know which you've used first -- it seems to have helped me so that I know how much LP I really have left.  
Old 06-30-2003, 12:22 PM   #10
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Propane? Since when is that camp-cooking  

When we sold a boat some years ago, we kept the Magma Marine Grill.  It is about 18" in diameter and is just right for 2-4 folks.  Good quality, with air flow control in lid.  10+ years of good service and still in great shape.  Grill height is adjustable by rotating on the upright threaded center post.

I sack up the charcoal in individual quart-size baggies, so all I have to do is dump one in the bottom and start a fire.  I bought one of the cheap foldable expanded metal grills at the camping store, so I just put the grill on it when time comes.  Then if we want a campfire, I just dump the charcoal in the firepit and add kindling and logs.

Marine stores carry the Magma line.  

G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote