TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2003, 09:44 AM   #1

Default Fridge on when is closed???

Can someone tell me if as long you leave the Fan for the fridge On ,can you leave the fridge also ON ??? for as long i want??? Thx
Old 05-18-2003, 09:45 AM   #2

Default Re: Fridge on when is closed???

Forgot to mention that the trailer is on closed position (fold)
Old 05-18-2003, 01:34 PM   #3
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Can someone tell me if as long you leave the Fan for the fridge On ,can you leave the fridge also ON ??? for as long i want??? Thx
Yes, as long as the trailer has power and the fan doesn't burn out...you can leave it on for as long as want.

Happy TrailManoring
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 11:20 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

CWB is exactly right. There is nothing that can be hurt by leaving the fridge on and the fan on. The fridge will cool forever, and do a good job of it, especially when aided by the fan when the TM is closed.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 11:53 AM   #5
2619PDX

Key words being "For as long as you have power..." If you don't mind running down your battery, you can leave the fridge on in the down position. Also, it will only cool if your trailer is level. Yes it will run, but may not cool as our fridges are the gas absorbtion models.

That's my take on it anyway. We usually turn the fridge OFF after we get back and clean out the refrig. Then, when we prepare to go out again, we put the trailer up, and start the regrig either 24 to 36 hours before we leave again. I think I'll start it again Thursday night.

Hope that helps.

Gregg
Old 05-19-2003, 01:05 PM   #6

Thx u all for your answer
Old 05-20-2003, 01:14 AM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Key words being "For as long as you have power..." If you don't mind running down your battery, you can leave the fridge on in the down position ...
You are right, Gregg.  Unaided, the battery will support the refrig for only a few hours.  I didn't think about lack of power because I have modified my TM to provide AC power to the refrig and converter even with the TM closed and the power cord stowed.  This was on Wade's "wish list" long ago, and made so much sense that I went ahead and did it.  Now I could, in fact, run my refrig "forever" on AC.

We use the "run forever" modification primarily when we get home from a trip late in the day, and we are just too beat to open and clean  the unit right away.  It is far easier to just back into the driveway, plug an extension cord into the "run forever" mod, and go to bed.  Next day - or the day after, sometimes - we open the TM and remove the food from the still-running refrig.

The disadvantage of running the refrigerator for a REALLY long time, of course, is that frost builds up in the freezer - at least in  areas of the country that have some humidity.  In that case, your 36-hour suggestion is certainly the way to go.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 03:21 AM   #8
Larry_Loo

??? ???
Bill, can you give us a rundown on how you installed your "Run forever" AC connection with your TM trailer closed down? If it was discussed previously, I must have missed it. I couldn't find it by doing a search of the messages in this site. Thanks.  ;D ;D
Old 05-20-2003, 03:40 AM   #9
2619PDX

Thanks, Bill. Yeah. I'd be interested in that mod as well.

Gregg
Old 05-20-2003, 04:08 AM   #10
hal

Our dealer advised us to run the refer fan whenever the top is down and the refer is on.  His recommendation is based on preventing the refer from becomming too hot and burning out.

Hal