TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2005, 09:47 AM   #1
toodaloo toody

Default very happy bought a 99 3023 tm

I am so glad my hubby and I were able to buy our TrailManor we bought it for 5700 dollars

I am so excited about it and we have gone camping twice already

I have a few questions,

The beds are Queen and Full what are the weight limits on both beds?

Does anyone have a hard time leveling their TM's?

on ours it says its level but it looks so crooked and in the inside by the queen bed on counter is shows it unlevel (from bed to bed)

Has any one put a handle on the inside of the door to shut it, I notice that everytime some one wants shut the door they pull on the black rubber or the door knob, but I would like a handle to pull on.

Cant wait to go camping again

thanks

toody
Old 07-09-2005, 01:15 PM   #2
BobRederick

Toody

I am pleased to hear your excitement about your TM. I'll answer where I can. I share your emotions on this!

" Does anyone have a hard time leveling their TM's? on ours it says its level but it looks so crooked and in the inside by the queen bed on counter is shows it unlevel (from bed to bed)"

I level mine on the tongue using a torpedo bubble level. Then I put stick-on bubble levels on the front shell so I can easily see them when parking. I have been of the opinion that my door side was lower, but a level showed that to not be the case last weekend. Main reason is my refrig door wants to swing open (not shut). I have checked my counter tops and they look pretty level.

If you have problems with the jacks turning hard, spray them with teflon lube. It dries after application and won't collect road dust and grit. The jacks will continue to work smoothly, easily and quietly. Squirt the bearings on each end of the jack screw as well. If your bed is unlevel, check it with a level to be sure. I hope I answered your question.

Your idea re a handle on the inside door is good. I bought a bright metal handle at Home Depot but have not installed it yet. I saw an installation where a TM owner obtained a handle like on the pullout bed and put it on the door. Personally, I want one of those handles to make a grab-on on the upper shell left of the door for easier entry into the TM.

Cheers and happy camping!

Bob
'04 3326 King
Old 07-10-2005, 08:32 PM   #3
genesc

[QUOTE=
Has any one put a handle on the inside of the door to shut it, I notice that everytime some one wants shut the door they pull on the black rubber or the door knob, but I would like a handle to pull on.

[/QUOTE]

I have a handle on the inside of the door. The factory at TrailManor installed it for me. Call Ed Lylte, the service manager at TrailManor and he will ship you one, the same kind that is used to pull out the bed. It will be easy for you to install.

genesc
Old 07-10-2005, 08:59 PM   #4
BrigCA61

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesc
I have a handle on the inside of the door. The factory at TrailManor installed it for me. Call Ed Lylte, the service manager at TrailManor and he will ship you one, the same kind that is used to pull out the bed. It will be easy for you to install.

genesc
I think I will do that... do you recall what you paid for it and did it include the hardware?

Brigitte