TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #31
lost_again

Thanks Bill. That sounds like good advice indeed. I like the idea of replacing the window much more than moving into the hallway, lifting the bed and crawling out. Considering the speed which fires spread in such a confined space, I'd like the speed advantage to be on my side.
lost_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:39 AM   #32
Riwright
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
That's a good idea. I'm not familiar with the construction of the 3124, but would it be possible to use a piece of 1X2 instead of broomstick, and hinge it to the underside of the bed so that when you lift the bed, it drops into place automatically? Last thing you want to be doing in an emergency is rummaging around under the bed in the dark, muttering "now where did that darn broomstick go?"

Bill
It's a good idea. I don't know that it would work with the bed going in and out, I'll have to look at it.
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:20 AM   #33
Riwright
TrailManor Master

I've been doing some thinking about fire scenarios and I thought of how it might go.

Most people who die in fires die of smoke inhalation before the flames ever reach them. Fires generate a lot of smoke and it is quite deadly.

One of the things about the Trailmanor is that it is such a tiny space that it would fill with toxic smoke very quickly. Much faster than a stick house.

I would think that you would wake up choking on smoke before the heat from flames became a problem.

This means that the door you use every day is your best exit. Your chances of finding a familiar exit like the door in the smoke and the dark are pretty good. Using an unfamiliar exit -- not so much.

It also means that the smoke detector is your best defense. It will start shrieking before the smoke level becomes dangerous and give you adequate time to get out.
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #34
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

I would think all members here agree that a proper working smoke and carbon monoxide and LP detector are your best friends. The one area that has my interest for fire is the inverter. In most units, it's placed at the end of the hallway under the bathtub seat. With all the power and wire connections, that is the one area that concerns me most. And because its location to my exit plan, it causes me the most concern. The refrigerator and water heater and water pump all have motors that have access panels to the exterior , meaning, they most likely have exposure to damage the outside before the interior areas. The stove and oven are the other area of concern due to the gas line but the detector should go off prior to any issue. Is that about right for you all for fire issues?

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote