TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
bfezel

Default Factory Service

In my brief (1½ years) ownership period I have found that a significant plus to having a TM is the customer service performance of the factory in Lake City, Tennessee. While on a trip last August I had a disagreement with a light pole in Springfield, MO. The pole won! This wasn’t your smooth aluminum pole, but a square sided, rough concrete pole. The damage necessitated the replacement of my right front side shell, awning, and miscellaneous smaller parts. I was by the factory on the way to West Virginia in September and stopped by to let Ed Lytle look at it. He prepared an estimate and my insurance company responded immediately with a settlement. Fortunately the factory is only 200 miles from us as we live in Nashville and I dropped the unit there in early November. They completed the repairs before Christmas and I picked it up yesterday. When I got there I noted that there was an adjustment problem with one of the torsion bars and they immediately had four of their service technicians on it. Turned out that the bar was bent and they replaced it and readjusted every thing so that raising and lowering work like new. While they were completing this I saw Adam and told him that I needed a supply of the interior screws (they are all alike) and ten of the nylon fasteners that are used for the upper door section and the rear bumper cover. Screws come loose and the fasteners tend to break after a time. He gave me these at no charge. All in all I find these folks very, very accommodating, friendly, and a pleasure to deal with. I seriously doubt that there are many factories left anywhere that provide this type of service. BTW…they used the new circular, screw-on fasteners for the velcro on the inside of the replacement shell side and they are far superior to the original on my unit. I may upgrade all my others to this type.
Bill