TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-30-2018, 11:14 AM   #1
amijab

Default Help first water fill and water is leaking out!

Ok we just bought a used trailmanor and I am trying out the plumbing. I filled the tanks and turned in the pump. I walked around the trailor and i have water leaking out in odd places. Here is a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180630_111208.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	6.73 MB
ID:	17111   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180630_111206.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	6.43 MB
ID:	17112  
amijab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

You may have overfilled the fresh water tank (there is only one), and the overflow hose is leaking onto the floor, rather than out through the exterior sidewall next to the inlet.

If that is not the problem, then you need to find the leak. Find the tank - it will be either under the kitchen sink, or under one of the dinette seats on the street side. See if it is leaking onto the floor. If not, follow the outlet plumbing line to the water pump. Is the pump, or the inlet or outlet hose, leaking? If not, follow the outlet hose - which branches in many directions at this point. You get the idea - trace it until you find the leak. At that point, the fix will be easy.

I don't think we can help much without more info. What model TM do you have? That tells us where the critical components are located.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:33 AM   #3
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Look under the street side couch seat, under the sink, in the bathroom cabinet. The leak in the back is odd, could your gray water tank be overflowing?
Old 07-01-2018, 06:39 AM   #4
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Since it appears to coming out from the bathroom area, the outside shower comes to mind as one of the most common leak sources. But could be coming from anywhere, as Bill advised.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:51 AM   #5
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Did you say it started leaking AFTER you turned the pump on? If it only leaks after you pressurize the system, you’re probably not looking at the tank but it could be anywhere else. Like they said above, take a look at the outside shower; also the inside bathroom. That seems to be the area you’re seeing water come out from.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:08 PM   #6
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucePerens View Post
Look under the street side couch seat, under the sink, in the bathroom cabinet. The leak in the back is odd, could your gray water tank be overflowing?
What Bruce said... When we camped last, my grey water tank got full. First noticed an issue getting false reading on the detector by the floor on the bathroom wall. My wife, coming back from somewhere, asks me why the trailer is leaking. I look and water is coming out the bottom of my trailer where the bathroom fan exhausts. I know the blackwater is not full (gauge on toilet works pretty good), but figure "an ounce of prevention" and pull the black water release, then the grey water...drip stops pretty quickly after that... (wish I had checked the levels before dumping (to confirm my suspicion), though I think the fact that I did not have anymore drips the rest of the time is a pretty good confirmation.

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:41 PM   #7
amijab

Sorry to leave everyone hanging. After posting i could not figure out how to get back in to read the replies. Turns out my 30 day trial expired right after i posted. Now that I am an offical member I can tell you what occured. It appears that as I was filling the water started to come out of the outside shower hose! It was locked inside a little door. Instead of the water coming out of the sides of the door it was filling up the compartment and leaking out the bottom of the trailer. apparently the previous owners left the hose turned on . After turning the hose off I filled again and there was no leaking. So hopefully we do not have any broken pipes! Thanks for all your replies!
Mandy
amijab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:51 AM   #8
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by amijab View Post
Sorry to leave everyone hanging. After posting i could not figure out how to get back in to read the replies. Turns out my 30 day trial expired right after i posted. Now that I am an offical member I can tell you what occured. It appears that as I was filling the water started to come out of the outside shower hose! It was locked inside a little door. Instead of the water coming out of the sides of the door it was filling up the compartment and leaking out the bottom of the trailer. apparently the previous owners left the hose turned on . After turning the hose off I filled again and there was no leaking. So hopefully we do not have any broken pipes! Thanks for all your replies!
Mandy
A lot of the time, the out door shower valve cracks from freezing, you might want to keep an eye open for that, check it again.

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote