TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-26-2016, 08:38 AM   #11
ChefLamont

Oh, and this also helps me understand why some storage lots around here dont let owners do the parking. They know what they are doing and they shoehorn them in tight.

I forgot to say sorry for your loss. Pictures of wrecked RVs make my insides hurt.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." Robert Wilensky
ChefLamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:10 AM   #12
Padgett
TrailManor Master

When I returned the U-Haul car trailer last week, the attendant seemed amazed I could back it into the spot. Said most renters couldn't. I do not find it easy but can usually accomplish it.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:42 AM   #13
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Unhappy bad timing indeed!

I'm so sorry for your loss.This looks like there could be more damage than meets the eye. Like everyone has said, this will not be a quick repair. If it were me, I'd be taking their RV to North Carolina while mine was sent to the factory for repair. The TM has unique mechanical systems in the way it expands that not just any RV shop can fix, let alone understand. I'm sorry but your TM will not be going to NC this year. But who knows.....
Good Luck
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:54 PM   #14
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I think you are looking at more issues then a new awning and caulk. Seeing how much the jack went back and into the ground, looking at the separation in the front and along the roof line behind the awning. I'm wondering if you have not destroyed the connection of the curb side wall and roof.

With the year and damage. I think when you deal with insurance you might find its a complete loss.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:50 AM   #15
mmayville

I took my TM to the RV repair shop yesterday and told them we were leaving on vacation on the 12th. The service writer assured me that we will have it back in time to go. They are going to pull it in and order parts and when the parts arrive put everything together and make repairs. Trust me I will push for the fact that if we do not make our time that the insurance company will pay for the inconvenience. I opened the front shell when I got to the RV center and the slide is fine. No damage in the corner by the cabinets in the side of the damage. I think we got lucky. If I would have had the wheels chocked when she hit me I could only imagine how much worse the damage would have been. Her RV is in worse shape than mine. It went down the whole side of her trailer and took out the entry door, the awning supports, the hot water heater plus a few other vents and covers. So from a previous post the other rv felt my Trailmanor in the morning. In one of the pictures it is the TRACER rv in the background. All of the parts I found around my TM belonged to the other RV. Found an orange light cover and my friend with me around and said this must not belong to you. LOL What else can you do besides laugh about it. Better then crying. This is a better solution just for the day!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1956.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	13740   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1959.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	13741   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1960.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	13742   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160725_191526.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	1,002.2 KB
ID:	13743   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1949.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	4.30 MB
ID:	13744  

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 4.0L
Many changes since I purchased it!
mmayville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:05 AM   #16
mmayville

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss.This looks like there could be more damage than meets the eye. Like everyone has said, this will not be a quick repair. If it were me, I'd be taking their RV to North Carolina while mine was sent to the factory for repair. The TM has unique mechanical systems in the way it expands that not just any RV shop can fix, let alone understand. I'm sorry but your TM will not be going to NC this year. But who knows.....
Good Luck
Tom
Well after looking at their RV it is in no condition to be going to NC. Second, my Tacoma would not pull that big honkin' thing anyway. But I have been assured by the RV repair shop we will still be going on vacation. These people are excellent when it comes to solving problems. They repaired my TM when I first bought it and the brake actuator activated 2 miles from my house. Like I said before after the brake burning ceremony when we brought it home we parked it for the winter. Wife is thinking of a name for the TM after everything that has happened and we haven't even been able to use it yet! Ouch!!!

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
Old 07-27-2016, 10:25 AM   #17
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Default still sorry for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmayville View Post
Well after looking at their RV it is in no condition to be going to NC. Second, my Tacoma would not pull that big honkin' thing anyway. But I have been assured by the RV repair shop we will still be going on vacation. These people are excellent when it comes to solving problems. They repaired my TM when I first bought it and the brake actuator activated 2 miles from my house. Like I said before after the brake burning ceremony when we brought it home we parked it for the winter. Wife is thinking of a name for the TM after everything that has happened and we haven't even been able to use it yet! Ouch!!!
Well all in all that's a pretty good report. I do hope they get it fixed in time for NC. The trick will be getting the parts. Keep on Trailmanor about that and see to it that they send the parts PRONTO! As for a name...how about...Miss Hap...or Hap Hazard...well maybe not, wouldn't want to jinx it any further...so maybe now you have played all your calamity cards for this TM and the rest will be smooth sailin.
Best of wishes
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:38 AM   #18
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmayville View Post
everything that has happened and we haven't even been able to use it yet!
Stick with it. We are on schedule to log 27 nights in the first year of owning the insurance-totaled TM I bought as our first RV. I'm a lot more confident now, and we should be able to do more nights in the upcoming year.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:54 AM   #19
mmayville

You know, the thing about having any kind of vehicle at all is that accidents do happen and people get so bent out of shape about it. That is why we have insurance is to give us peace of mind. I personally think that it is stressful enough when stuff happens that we do not need to add more stress to it. The lady that hit my RV was honest enough to let someone know she did it. She could have just as easily not said anything and when I went to pick it up to get ready for my trip and found the damage and NOT know who did it which would have really made it worse. Thank goodness there are still honest people in the world to confess about things like this. I really think there is more honesty about RV'ers than any other type of people. We each know how much the RV'ing world is the best relaxation for us and we have our own code of conduct. So benefit of the doubt goes to the RV population of the world over all others.

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
Old 07-27-2016, 04:46 PM   #20
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Mmayville, I like your attitude. I wish I could have the same attitude when things go wrong. I wish your TM a speedy recovery!

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote