TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-19-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
Factor

Default RV Park Refusal

I note in the recent issue 0f Trailer Life that a Hi-Lo camper was refused entrance to three RV Parks because they were classed as a 'tent camper'. Has anyone with a Trailmanor experienced this?
John
2006 Silverado 5.3 etc.
Former 3023 owner
Old 07-19-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
Queeniereads

Default RV Park Refusal

I have heard of that happening. We reserve ahead and tell them that we have a 30 ft TT since that is what it opens out into. We usually stay at KOA or small campgrounds so we have not experienced this problem. I think they are not wanting to share space with campers who have no means of waste disposal or cooking, etc. Who knows!!! Queeniereads
Old 07-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I do remember reading about someone being refused at a park in Southern CA, in the desert somewhere. They had called ahead and told them what kind of a trailer they had (a TM) but when they got there they were refused entry. Not sure if it was on this board or another.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...0.cfm#15253310

Edited: Now when I read this post again it says that they didn't tell them which kind of trailer it was.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:50 AM   #4
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Default TrailManor is a Travel Trailer

That's what is says on the side of the TrailManor and that's what it says on our Virginia DMV registration document.

We had a discussion with the RV park where we first used our TrailManor. The fact is that they hadn't seen anything like the TrailManor before, so they called it a pop-up. Having owned several pop-up campers, we were able to convince them otherwise. The registration folks were very nice, and they finally said, "The people who own the campground are not campers, so they don't know the difference. They say if it's under 27 feet, it's a popup."

Since our TrailManor 2720 SL is 27 feet when opened, they agreed to classify it for what it is - a travel trailer. Now, when we register, I tell the reservation folks that we have a 27' travel trailer. There have been no problems since our first time out.

Happy Trails!
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:24 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Three different parks? I can believe it might have happened at one park, as just a fluke by someone who didn't know much. But three is pretty hard to swallow.

Sounds to me like the campgrounds in question were trying to go upscale and eliminate the "lower elements" of camping. None of this collapsible stuff - we want only expensive Class A's and fifth wheels!

I can tell you that in Fishing Bridge Campground in Yellowstone, they will accept only hardsides, because the bears in the area are in residence all year. And they check to make sure you really have a hardside. We have stayed at that campground twice, and haven't had a problem - the moment they see the TM set up, everything is fine.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:09 AM   #6
Carole

Default R V Park Refusal

Last winter I was trying to make reservations in Arizona for a few months during Oregon's rainy period. One 5 star R V resort refused us, they wanted only the large, and spendy RV's. Sunflower RV Resort in Surprise, AZ. had never heard of a Trailmanor, I gave them the web site and they called back and said, no problem! The gal thought they were really neat RV's We were located around really expensive units, and many of our neighbors asked to come in and see our 2619 TM. A lot of the problem, I think, is educating the owners of RV parks.

Carole
2004 2619 TM
2006 Nissan Titan
Old 07-20-2006, 11:58 AM   #7
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

The president of the group that owns one of our local waterfront RV parks told me a few months back that they will be converting to a "pusher-only" motorhome park in the next couple of years. He said the owners of big motorhomes will go out of their way and pay a lot more to stay in parks that cater to them and their kind. He said they expect them to come in droves, stay several days and significantly increase their profit. It's a business and his job is to maximize profit (or they'll find someone who will) so I guess I have no problem with that -- so long as they put the word out. They charge more now than we are willing to pay and I've never seen it full. I suppose if the "big bus" idea doesn't work they'll clear it out and plant condos.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #8
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carole
"...make reservations in Arizona for a few months during Oregon's rainy period."
Another "upscale" RV Park in Tuscon, Arizona that took us in our TM days is Voyager. Nice park with lots of amenities, including a 9-hole golf course, restaurant, store, laundry, etc. www.voyagerrv.com/home.html

While we were there, a 40'+ Class A was parked in the space next to us. It was such an "upscale" RV that they contracted for a carpet cleaning company to come to the site to clean their carpets. We thought that was just a bit much, but then we were in a TrailManor that didn't need the carpet cleaned.

I highly recommend Voyager.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:41 PM   #9
Factor

I checked out Voyageur RV this morning and it was hacked by some Lebanese group, but, is up and running now.
John