TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-25-2003, 02:49 PM   #1

Default Short in Rear Lighting Circuit

Am having a very difficult time locating a short circuit in the rear lighting circuit of my 1998 TM2619. I've narrowed the problem down to the section of the circuit past the connector that hangs under the floor near the refridgerator. I've been over the wire on the outside of the trailer, removed the interior ceiling moulding, and pulled out each effected light fixture - but haven't found anything that would cause a short.

Was wondering if anyone had some experience with how to trouble shoot this type of problem and locate where the short is occurring in the circuit. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:08 PM   #2
ColoradoCop

Default Re: Short in Rear Lighting Circuit

:-/I would recommend a call to TM. I'm sure that they could give you some good advice.

ColoradoCop
Old 06-26-2003, 01:51 AM   #3
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Try checking the switch circuit in the rear wall of the bath. It turns the power off to the rear shell inside lights when the wall is folded.
MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 05:53 AM   #4
2619PDX

The rear disconnect switch is a good place to start. Have you added anything into the wiring lately? A question, are you blowing the circuit breaker in your converter box at all?
What exact circuit is showing a problem?
Is it ALL of your lights? or just one?
When you say you've narrowed it down to the connector near the fridge on the floor, Have you checked THAT connector?
I would also encourage you to look at any splice joints, as a wire might have come loose.

Hope I've helped...

Gregg
Old 06-27-2003, 02:37 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Gregg is right - we need more detail.  What are you measuring/observing, where, and under what conditions?  A similar question was posted a few weeks ago by Udasmookie under the heading "No Tail/running lights".  There may be something there to help you.  Click SEARCH and open up the search window from the default 7 days to, say, 60 days.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 03:27 PM   #6
grkman1

I had a similar problem when I went to change one of the light bulbs in my 2002 TM.  I replaced one of the bulbs in the front bed sconces with a wrong bulb.  The bulb I bought was an automotive bulb and it looked ok but always blew the light fuse.  My 2003 TM doesnt have these lights, and im glad because they were a nuisance.

I guess you have to ask yourself, have you changed any bulbs lately?

George