TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2005, 08:02 PM   #1
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Seacliff State Beach - Aptos, CA

This weekend we spent Saturday night at Seacliff State Beach, it's about 12 miles from our house. We've been there so many times during the day but have never spent the night there. It was wonderful! The picture makes it look like everybody is squeezed really close together, but it's not that bad. And you can hear the waves all night long. It was nice just sitting outside and watching the lights come on around the bay as it got dark. I liked it so much that I woke up on Sunday and got both cell phones out and made a reservation for November! DH was working again this weekend, so the kids and I drove to the campground ourselves and they helped me park. I've never done that before, without DH, but somehow we managed to park it in the space. DH finally joined us about 6:45, we had dinner and enjoyed the sunset. The people around us were mostly families and retired people, a couple of people stopped by to ask us about the TM. One couple told us that they also like to go to our favorite campground in Lake Almanor. Our neighbor was walking on the beach and stopped by to say hi with her friend. Our ex-sister-in-law also dropped by. I saw a couple of other people that we knew. We had a short, but sweet trip. Good "shake-down" trip; I have a few things to add to the excel list.