TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-12-2002, 05:29 AM   #1

Default TM question!

Hi all!
I'm looking to buy a 3023 TM, I have a 2002 Chevelet Trailblazer with the towing package. Is there anything else I would need to consider?
Thank in advance!
Judy
Old 09-12-2002, 08:05 AM   #2
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default Re: TM question!

A weight distributing hitch (WDH) and  a good set of towing mirrors (CIPA) and that should do ya fine!!
I think that the TrailBlazer is an excellent TV, that is what I am going to get when it comes time to replace the S-10 Blazer.

You will love your 3023, if you enjoy it half as much as I enjoy my 2720.

Happy Campin' <><
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 10:09 AM   #3

Thanks! I'm looking into that now!

Judy
Old 09-14-2002, 10:07 AM   #4

We own a 3124king and we are towing with a 97 Blazer the only thing we have noticed is that it is a little slow on takeoff other than that we have have had no real encounters,the farthest we have towed it so far is about 150 miles and I have no transmission cooler as of yet (I am installing one before our next trip)...It pulls it really nice, even when it is really loaded down....best wishes and enjoy your TM.
Old 09-16-2002, 01:34 AM   #5
arknoah

My father always encouraged me to start our vehicle in the lowest gear when towing (we do have an automatic).  Then, I choose when to move the level from "L" to "2" to "D", etc., according to how long it takes for the vehicle to get up to speed.  that way, I can make sure I get going a little faster in the lower gears and don't allow the vehicle to shift into 2nd too early.  

My parents owned RVs from the 70's until just a few years ago, and this always served them well.
Old 09-17-2002, 04:44 AM   #6
2619PDX

Get yourself a Prodigy brake controller. They Blazer should tow it just fine!
Old 03-04-2003, 02:33 AM   #7
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

I recently purchased a Prodigy Brake controller and I was wondering if there are any gotchas in hooking it up? I have a Tekonsha Voyager now, and I know that the wiring is different between the 2.  I have a 1998 S-10 Blazer and was wondering if anyone has any tips and/or advice before I climb under the dash?

Thanks,

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 08:32 AM   #8
KB7OUR

Larry,

You are gonna love the Prodigy. As for tips, be sure you have the right "pigtail" wiring harness to match the controller to your vehicle type. This pretty much makes the wiring goof proof (for people like me), so unless you have to wire up your own harness there isn't much to worry about. In my opinion, the connector is worth the extra few bucks you might have to pay for it. If I recall the manual warns about correct polarity so you don't fry the unit if you have to wire yourself. Good luck and enjoy!

Wade
Old 03-11-2003, 03:26 PM   #9

Larry,
I recently picked the Prodigy as my first ever brake controller for my first ever trailer-TM2720SD, after talking to some folks and checking out websites.  I ordered mine from Southwest Wheel (www.southwestwheel.com) for $124.95.  One of the reasons I picked that model was because I could get a Pocket Mount Kit (#7686) to allow me to use one controller in two different vehicles.  I ordered the GM harness for $8.50 even though I had a "factory harness" .  The factory harness has a plug-in connector on just one end and you have to splice the factory harness to the wires you get with your Prodigy (with it's own plug-in on the other end).  ( I plan to use that connector with my other vehicle harness when that vehicle arrives (company truck).  It took more time to figure out just where I wanted to mount the holder kit, mark and drill the two holes than connecting the wiring--it plugged in on both ends.

Have fun,
Tom
Old 03-14-2003, 10:46 AM   #10

;D   We own a 2002 sl Trailblazer.  It is the best.  we installed a transmission cooler, the brake system and we are using the reese hitch.  It tows like a dream. It's the smallest Trailblazer they make.  we went to Myrtle beach and it towed beautifully over the mountains. we also bought the Mckesh side mirrors. they are really great also. llittle pricey but worth every penny.  Just my 2 pennies worth.  The Trailblazer  and the Trailmanor were ment to be together.   Happy camping.    Taryn