TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-18-2006, 07:15 PM   #1
Jim-NY

Default Single handle kitchen faucet install help.

I would like to replace my original dual handle kitchen faucet with a single handle one. I ran into two potential problems.

First, I took some measurements then went to Home Depot. All the faucets seemed too tall. It looked like I have less than 6 inches of faucet height to be certain it wont be too high to close the trailer down. I was guessing that it needed to be no higher than the little “wall” to the left of the sink. Does anyone know how tall the faucet can actually be and still not be a problem when folding down the TM?

Second, the water supply lines, one hot and one cold, to the existing faucet come up through the outside holes spaced 8 inches apart. The single lever faucets I looked at have both the hot and cold supply lines coming up through the center hole in the sink. If this were my home plumbing I would crawl under the sink and change the plumbing as needed to accommodate the change. But with the TM, there is not much room and I am not sure how to go about making the conversion.

I know others have made this conversion. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks for your help.

Jim
Old 04-18-2006, 08:34 PM   #2
Senorsedona

Wink Faucet

I might have a solution for the height of the faucet. You can purchase a faucet with a removable head. It will be in position when you are set up, then when your folding up the TM just place it down in the sink.

Good luck on the other problem.

Jack
Old 04-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #3
hal

Jim and others. I have installed 5 in TMs. If you would care to send me a request you can have a sheet of important information and directions that I made while installing them.

The single lever is great. If using double handle faucet, a lot of good water goes down the drain when trying to get the temperature just right.

Hal

[email protected]