TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
Bluegrass

Default Picked Ours Up Today

We finally got our 3124kb today. Very pleased. Only one glitch - they put in a microwave when we ordered it with the oven. So......the dealer said he would order the oven and replace the microwave. I'm hoping there are no cabinetry problems since the oven is a bit bigger. We'll see.

Many of you would have had a good laugh watching us open our TM for the first time by ourselves. Lots of things to remember, eh? But we did it and are still married. It all kind of reminded me of when we were very active boaters. For cheap entertainment, we used to go down to the launch ramp and watch the foundations of imminent divorce as couples would yell at each other trying to back their boats down the ramp. "Why didn't you tell me?" "You never listen." "What the %*&$# is the matter with you!!" and so forth. All as the trailer, boat, and sometime the TV slid down the mossy ramp into the water. Great fun!
Old 04-25-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
ng2951

The good news is that people who are not familar with TMs won't know the mistakes you have made. They are just surprised at what you can do with the TM.

The tip I found if I closed the TM before I needed to was to wait a while before I opened it. If anyone asks what I am doing, I say I am practicing.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Congrats on your new TM! I'd much rather have the stove/oven combo than the microwave; the microwave is useless when you're dry camping unless you want to bring along a generator. I love having our oven and we can always bring along a microwave if we know we're going to have hookups.

Even after having our TM for over 4 years, we still sometimes do newbie things when we open or close the TM. Sometimes it's been so long since we've been out camping that we kind of forget.

We've forgotten to put down the TV antenna, slide in the steps, close the hatches, open up the potty slide for dumping, unlatch things, etc. If we're in a hurry it gets worse.

There are a lot of things to remember to do and it seems like the more people are involved it gets worse.

So, as an experienced newbie, still struggling to get out of that mode my best advice to you is take your time and sit and think for a moment if you have a chance before you do things.

It does get better after a while. And I hope you get to enjoy your TM as much as we have ours.

Dee
Old 04-26-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Queeniereads

Love my oven! Will be making Boboli pizzas in it next weekend. We bought a moderately cheap Walmart microwave which sits on the counter except when we travel. THen it sits on the floor. We have carpet so nothing slides. Enjoy the TM. We are so glad spring is here and are going out next weekend. Have fun! Queen
Old 04-26-2008, 03:14 PM   #5
ng2951

Having the oven is a real plus. You can get a cheap microwave almost anywhere.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
cmc211

Yes, We have the microwave and I wish we had the oven. The microwave isn't the best. Takes a long time to heat anything up. Congrats and enjoy!
Old 04-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
markandanne

I can sympathize with trying to remember everything about putting it up and down. We practiced a few times as soon as we got ours home and over the first week, but it's been a couple of weeks now and I bet when we begin our trip in June I'll have forgotten most of the details. I still can't wait.

Congrats on the new purchase!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:36 PM   #8
Bluegrass

Thanks to all. Having the oven was a prime consideration. We even measured to make sure we could get a 9x18" baking pan inside. Brownies, ya know! Baked Potatoes, Chicken, Orange rolls. Absolutely critical for the way we live on the road. We had already purchased an inexpensive Microwave at Target. Soooo....finding our new TM equipped with a microwave was a downer. But the dealer immediately promised to make it good and I trust him.