TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2003, 05:11 PM   #1
Moonshot

Default Bike riders for Dixie chapter fall rally?

I'm going to the Dixie chapter fall rally in Dillard, GA. Is anyone interested in a bicycle metric century ride nearby on that Saturday? There is one in Hendersonville (about 40 miles away). I'm going.

If you are interested you can visit Hendersonville Tour De Leaves. I would welcome the company.

Scott
Old 09-20-2003, 01:48 PM   #2
Bruce

Default Re:Bike riders for Dixie chapter fall rally?

I don't think we'll be doing the Dillard rally but it is good to know there are other bikies in the TrailBlazers. We bring our tandem and mt bikes along to the rallies we attend and are always happy to have friends to ride with.
We did the Cades Cove loop in the Smokies Nat Park at the Jubilee last June. Bob & Becky Turner borrowed our bikes and did the ride a few days later. This popular nature viewing loop is closed to vehicular traffic on Wed. & Sat mornings. We also rode a portion of the Mickleson rail/trail near Rapid City SD with Bob & Becky at the 2000 Jubilee.
When we put on a rally at White Springs, FL in Nov of 2001 we had both a road ride and a mt bike trail ride as part of our activities.
Hope to meet up with you soon.

Bruce & Tricia Martin
Orlando, FL
Old 09-21-2003, 06:20 PM   #3
Moonshot

Default Re:Bike riders for Dixie chapter fall rally?

Cool beans, Bruce. 8)

I do longer rides by myself, but we usually bring a bunch of bikes so my wife and two kids can all tool around some too. The kids ride Trek Mtn Trains. I highly recommend these for kids 3 - 7 (maybe older).
Here's a picture of my daughter and me at Riverwalk in Columbus, GA.