TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
moaboy

In many cases it is more about personalities and politics than policy.
Good luck, i'm sure it will work out.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #22
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
The CHP likes to enforce it at large construction sites. This is also where they like to enforce getting rid of out of state plates.

As I understand it, if you have a permanently attached camp then you can haul stuff inside. But the open bed can only be used when the plates are commercial.

Perhaps they changed the law when I wasn't looking.

Years ago friends of my dad had their BIG camper bolted to the bed of the truck, through the frame. This made the camper permanent and allowed passenger plates. People that use chains and turnbuckles are using a temporary attachment and that requires commercial plates.
I did some web research on this subject and it turns out that you are 100% correct. They say ignorance is bliss, and I have now had my bliss cancled.

It turns out that I have had all my pickups registered as commercial vehicles since the earth was young. In California, if you have one letter in your license number it is a commercial registration. If you have 3 letters, it is a passenger vehicle registration.

It does not say Commercial Vehicle anywhere on the actual in-car registration certificate, so they had me fooled. The commercial registration includes a $156 dollar commercial vehicle fee.

People have tried to fight this, but to no avail. Another joy of living in California.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #23
chowder1974

Default Finally met with Board of my Hoa

Well here's the update. I met with board of my HOA and came prepared with a lot of your guy's comments and the rules from the neighboring HOA.

I proposed that they grant me a waiver that matches the rules for the neighborhing HOA. Its impossible to change the rules, because it takes a 75% vote. So they passed my proposal and I'm getting a waiver to be allowed to keep it out for four 48 hour periods per month.

Not bad! This will allow me two days before and after each trip and allows for two trips a month. I suppose with the waiver in place I'll have more leeway and they won't specifically keep track of how many days its been out.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #24
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Good job. Good luck with your HOA in the future.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #25
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Sounds like your HOA is one of the good ones, not one of the arbitrary draconian ones. We (and you) should give them credit for that. And of course you will be extra careful not to exceed their waiver!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #26
EddieD061

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowder1974 View Post
Question for anyone out there who has had problems with there HOA's.

I'm in Washington state and live in development with an HOA. I store my trailmanor in my garage. I notified the HOA that my trailer will be out on the street or in my driveway for approximately 24 hours before and after each trip as I need time to prep it, pack, clean, unpack, etc.

This wasn't acceptable to them. They told me It can only be in my garage. I find this extremely unreasonable and will probably be breaking there rules, because i have no other option regardless of whether i store it offsite or in the garage.

Any comments? Suggestions?

The rule specifically states "No Parking" I'm wondering if loading and unloading falls under the definition of Parking for Washington state?

Thanks,

Josh
That's the main reason I bought a home in a neighborhood without an HOA. I realize that in some cases they do provide a valuable service but sometimes the cure is worse than the illness. I need some peace in life and the last thing I need is one more organization/government telling me what I can or can`t do.