TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Default DeerLick, Tuscahloosa

This is a Corp of Engineers (acoe) jewel. It has mostly smaller sites although plenty are pull thru. Most have decks that partially overlook the water. All have at least partial shade. Except for the tent sites all have water and electric. Some of the tent sites have water and electric; but all the tent sites require lugging your gear.
We are in site 13 and have a deck with picnic table on one side and fire ring with picnic table on the other. The site is perfect to a TM.
There is a paved bicycle trail that we haven't checked out just yet.

To get here from the west take sr 69 north from US 82, turn east(right) on Union Chapel then New Watermelon; Union Chapel becomes Old Colony/New Watermelon; follow New Watermelon and turn right on Lake Nicol Then right on Deerlick RD and follow the signs. If you are coming from the east on US 82 get off at Rice Mine and head north until you get to New Watermelon where you will turn right. Plenty of supplies at New Watermelon and Rice Mine.
A word of caution after leaving the New Watermelon/Rice mine intersection New Water goes from 50 mph to 45 mph just after that speed change there is a blind traffic light. So be aware you are headed down hill in a curve to this stop light.
I'll add updated info and pics later.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote