TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Welcome Mat - Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2017, 07:47 PM   #1
pmhellings
Site Sponsor

Default New to us 2720

My girlfriend and I stumbled upon a 2010 TM 2720 for sale. Saw the camper, saw the For Sale sign and drove right past....until I realized that it folded down. We formerly owned a Teardrop camper, then moved up to a Chalet ( hard sided triangular folding camper ). We hadn't been looking for a larger camper but occasionally talked about "maybe looking around someday".

When I said "That camper folds down" she responded by braking and putting the car in reverse. We pulled over and called the phone number on the sign. A few minutes later we were inside, looking it over. The asking price was $8,000 which seemed cheap to me. I tole the owner that I would go home and do some research. Came back the next day after realizing what a bargain it seemed to be. We tested what systems we could on a very long and lightweight cord. There was no water in the tank and no propane in the tanks. I expressed my disappointment that it wasn't really ready to check out and he responded that he was an honest man and that if we bought it today he would drop the price to $7500. We gave him a deposit.

Now, this was an area that had been flooded during Hurricane Matthew, but we had spoken to his neighbors ( my girlfriends daughter ) and confirmed that the water was never up to the floor of the TM, and that after the storm, the owner spent a lot of time cleaning and washing off the flood water.

So, I've had the TM about a week now and have only discovered two problems. The converter is blown so it won't charge the battery and the sink faucet has a crack. I've already replaced the faucet and the new converter main board will arrive in a few days ( $114 from Amazon) All propane systems work, water pump and plumbing are fine and fridge is icy cold.

I'm installing the 2" receiver in the rear bumper tomorrow so that we can carry bikes and will be replacing the new, but cheap, tires with some quality ones. While the wheels are off, I'll have a look at the brakes and service the wheel bearings.

We are really excited to have this upgrade come into our lives and are happily making lists of mods and upgrades. Solar and LED are in the near future.

Happy to have joined the TM CLUB.

Paul M. Hellings
Green Cove Springs, Fl
pmhellings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:18 PM   #2
klpauba

Congratulations! We love our 2720 and it would appear you got yours for a bargain. Make sure you sponsor the site by paying the $12 ... there's so much additional information you'll then have access to.
TM: 2005 2720SL -- lift kit, 15" Maxxis, LEDs, Husky ejack, GenPro soft start, 2300W gen, "H-Bridge", 1.44 cf Edgestar frig/freezer, 2xGC2, 1KW Inverter w/auto xfer switch, Trimetric Batt Monitor, 300W Solar (1 glass & 2 flex panels), EP Solar MPPT, Thetford Curve
TV: 2021 F-150 PowerBoost XLT Hybrid -- 7.2 kW Onboard Generator Option
Previous TV: 2012 Traverse -- "Stockton" 24V Boost Device

Map of where we've camped in our TM:
http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/IAMNMONEsm.jpg
klpauba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:29 PM   #3
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Great timing, the price of TMs is not dropping. You are just up North a piece. Any good places for camping ?
Old 04-19-2017, 10:13 AM   #4
FujiPedaler

Default Congrats

Be sure and check that your bike carrier is warranted for "trailer" use. Our Yakama was not and it broke and dragged both of our bikes before a passing car alerted us. 2 wheels and other things around $750 plus a new carrier.

Enjoy.
WDH, Rear receiver for bikes,
Hual-a-vator for Kayaks
Norman & Elizabeth
FujiPedaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:25 AM   #5
pmhellings
Site Sponsor

Default Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujiPedaler View Post
Be sure and check that your bike carrier is warranted for "trailer" use. Our Yakama was not and it broke and dragged both of our bikes before a passing car alerted us. 2 wheels and other things around $750 plus a new carrier.

Enjoy.
Surprised that a Yakima would break. I forget what kind we have. I've been using it for years on my teardrop, then on my Chalet. I worry more about the receiver install. I'm not the best welder so I always weld AND bolt. Belt and suspenders approach.

Paul
Old 04-19-2017, 06:14 PM   #6
inghamm
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmhellings View Post
I'm not the best welder so I always weld AND bolt. Belt and suspenders approach.

Paul
I assume you are welding and bolting to the frame, not the bumper.

TM: 2007 2720 (QB) TV: 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Hopkins INSIGHT brake controller, Andersen No-Sway WDH
CARCHET Solar Powered TMPS
Dometic CRX-1110 AC/DC Compressor Fridge, 200 W Solar
inghamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:30 AM   #7
pmhellings
Site Sponsor

Default Camping Spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
Great timing, the price of TMs is not dropping. You are just up North a piece. Any good places for camping ?
We just got back from a camping / cycling trip in Live Oak (fairgrounds) and in Cherry Lake ( near Madison). We took the Chalet as the Trailmanor is in process of checking it out and doing minor repairs. We usually camp up north when the temps rise. This year, like last year we'll be going to Canada via the west side of the Great Lakes and returning through Maine and down the east coast. We usually camp in State Parks whenever possible and dry camp as much as we can.

Paul
Old 04-19-2017, 10:34 AM   #8
pmhellings
Site Sponsor

Just paid my subscription fee via PayPal.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:04 PM   #9
klpauba

Be patient with getting subscription/sponser access. It's a manual process for a busy admin.
TM: 2005 2720SL -- lift kit, 15" Maxxis, LEDs, Husky ejack, GenPro soft start, 2300W gen, "H-Bridge", 1.44 cf Edgestar frig/freezer, 2xGC2, 1KW Inverter w/auto xfer switch, Trimetric Batt Monitor, 300W Solar (1 glass & 2 flex panels), EP Solar MPPT, Thetford Curve
TV: 2021 F-150 PowerBoost XLT Hybrid -- 7.2 kW Onboard Generator Option
Previous TV: 2012 Traverse -- "Stockton" 24V Boost Device

Map of where we've camped in our TM:
http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/IAMNMONEsm.jpg
klpauba is offline   Reply With Quote