TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2015, 06:53 AM   #1
mattchismo

Default Edisto Beach, SC, Town and State Park campground

I didn't know about this place, so I figure others might not either. I was looking for a beach spot for a couple of weekend nights as a surprise trip for my sister's birthday. I thought this would be easy due to the late season, turns out things are still pretty booked up this time of year on weekends on the NC/SC coast.

Edisto Beach State Park campground has a great reservations site. The campground is divided into two areas, a wooded loop about a half mile from the other, which is a beach front loop. I couldn't find a slot that complied with the required two night minimum in the beach loop, but found two individual single night slots. The site wouldn't allow single nvight reservations, nor would the nice lady at the reservations number, but she suggested I call the park Rangers. A very helpful Ranger made the reservations by phone and said they would help coordinate the move between slots during the check out and check in times, i.e. we wouldn't have to take the rig and sit in a parking lot somewhere.

The campground is great. Water and electric hookups, fire rings with cooking grates, most have picnic tables, couple of well maintained and nice smelling bath houses. Good Wifi. All of the spots in the beach loop are essentially one dune away from the waves. Made for nice sleeping ambiance. A little buggy, but worth it. There's a Bi-Lo grocery store and a great bar/restaurant right outside the park entrance, with the Town beyond.

We're going back again for sure.
TV: 2004 Toyota 4Runner w/air bags (tows great)
mattchismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:03 AM   #2
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

We've stayed here back when we had a motorhome, plenty of beach to walk. A nice CG.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote