TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
nonichris

Talking New Owner Today

Chris left at 5am this morning for Sacramento, RV Brokers to pick up our new 3124KB. Thanks to this Forum, he was armed with a video camera for the walk through, and lots of questions. I have studied so many threads that I feel as though we may actually know something about TrailManors now. It will take awhile to get ready for a real camping trip, but we plan to practice within the next week, and will try to meet up with the group planning the Rally in Petaluma this weekend...without the trailer, because we aren't ready yet. Our first task is to clean up the old class C RV, and transfer essentials to the TM, and find a new owner for the old one. Thanks everyone for your help...no doubt there will be lots of questions coming up from us. We are installing video cameras on the TM, so that may be of interest to some of you...I think two go one the sides and one in the back....we have dog crates in the back of the TV so visibility is not good except when we back up, as there is a video camera for backing..I don't know the names of the brake controller/Video cameras/Weight Distributing Hitch, so that will have to be added later...I do remember that the brake controller came from Hensley.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
2bcs1jrt

Chris and Noni,
I am so jealous. Hope you guys will be attending some USDAA shows so I can see the inside. Maybe Mike will decide we need a bigger one!! (not holding my breath)
Congratulations!!

Cheri
Old 07-22-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
wmtire

Congratulations on your purchase. Look forward to reading about your experiences with it.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonichris View Post
Chris left at 5am this morning for Sacramento, RV Brokers to pick up our new 3124KB. Thanks to this Forum, he was armed with a video camera for the walk through, and lots of questions.
If you update your profile to add your TV etc. others will be able to answer your questions better because they will know what you have for a configuration.

I also recommend that you specify at least a vague description of where you live. I would conclude NorCal or Reno, because you bought the TM in Sacto. When I see people asking about where to go etc. it helps to know where you are from.

Not required, but it helps with communication.

Sounds like we might have 30 TMs in Petaluma later this year. I believe the current count is 29.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:56 AM   #5
cali camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
If you update your profile to add your TV etc. others will be able to answer your questions better because they will know what you have for a configuration.

I also recommend that you specify at least a vague description of where you live. I would conclude NorCal or Reno, because you bought the TM in Sacto. When I see people asking about where to go etc. it helps to know where you are from.

Not required, but it helps with communication.

Sounds like we might have 30 TMs in Petaluma later this year. I believe the current count is 29.

Wayne,
I rarely look at the profiles for the various users. I did note by looking to the right of their log in name that they are from the Russian River area though. It would be nice if some info was in the signature area describing equipment for the purpose you stated. I know when I first started using the forum it took me a little while to figure it all out!

Welcome to our new friends from the Russian River...I'm sure you will have some awesome times at all the spots available on the coast near you!!

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
Shandysplace

Default Rally Update

Our 30th TM registered 2 days ago. Hope to see you this weekend. 3 of us will be setting up late Friday afternoon/evening and leaving Sunday. Working w/KOA, we'll be finalizing the Rally agenda and other details.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
nonichris

Default Hopefully complied with requests about our info

Unfortunately, our computer is so antiquated that it was a real struggle to add the info about us...and I didn't know what year model we were getting or what brands of devices we had purchased, as Chris was in charge of all that,while I (Noni) was doing the writing.
First problem we encountered after getting home was that all the info and the crank for the stabilizing jacks were inside the TM, so thankfully we did still have our video and were able to open it.
We were informed about a dent in the upper door and a new door was ordered. Do you all think we could install it ourselves? We are not mechanically proficient, but could do something simple.
The second question is that after getting it home we discovered a second and similar dent in the rear shell...that one looks way more difficult to repair...any suggestions??? The dents are round, a little more than dime sized, and cosmetic only, but the one in the shell is in an annoyingly visible place...we could probably put a decal over it and forget about it...better than what I imagine are the alternatives. We plan to call the factory tomorrow. Other than that we are pleased with the whole idea of the TM and like the way it looks and feels.
We plan to drive down to Petaluma one evening as it is getting too hot for the dogs to stay in the car in the daytime...Is Saturday better than Friday?
Old 07-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #8
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali camping View Post
Wayne,
I rarely look at the profiles for the various users. I did note by looking to the right of their log in name that they are from the Russian River area though. It would be nice if some info was in the signature area describing equipment for the purpose you stated. I know when I first started using the forum it took me a little while to figure it all out!

Welcome to our new friends from the Russian River...I'm sure you will have some awesome times at all the spots available on the coast near you!!
You are correct. I was think of the Sig file

Russian River, what part? My aunt lived between Gurneville and Rio Nido since 1958, across the street from the old Bourdon's restaurant.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:27 PM   #9
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Don't worry about the cosmetic dents.

We've only purchased one new car in our 30 years of marriage. DH was driving it down San Andreas Rd (that goes past the KOA in Watsonville & Sunset Beach State Park) and a eucalyptus nut fell onto the hood of the car and left a dent within two weeks of purchase.

We were actually relieved to have the first dent. Now we didn't have to worry about it any more. You're just going to get more and more.

I have this weird theory about not wanting to have "high highs" and "low lows" in life. I just want my life to kind of OK, a few bad things now and then, but nothing really bad, and then nothing really wonderful either, like winning the lottery, but some good times too. If you'd look at it like a graph, I'd want my life to be more of a flat line than one that goes way up and down on the graph.

That's the way I feel about getting dents in the TM. Get a few little dents, be happy for them being as small as they are, and hopefully you won't get any big ones.

Get some stickers or decals. Or not. Revel in your small dents.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

nonichris wrote
Quote:
Chris & Noni
2009 3124KB
2008 Mercedes GL450
TruControl Brake Control, EazLift WDH, Tri-View Triple Trailer Cameras
You have cameras? We've been discussing that since 2004, without many real good conclusions. Take a look at this thread

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=1713

You may want to pass on your experience and observations, and we'd love to have them.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote