TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2018, 11:45 PM   #1
kengiesige
Site Sponsor

Talking Keeping Warm

We have a 2005 Trail Manor 2720 SD and this is our 3rd season of camping since we bought it 2nd hand in great condition. The queen size mattress is a little hard for sleeping and this Spring we bought a memory foam topper to make it really comfortable, and we then cover up with a down comforter. We have been toasty all season so far even without using our sleeping bags. We have 2 more 4-day trips for last 2 weekends in Sept and we will then total 39 nights of camping this year! We go to two camping areas that are almost 10,000 feet and have not been cold. We bought a $50 Lasco heater, 1500 watts 2 years ago from Walmart, that's digital-- you can adjust the temp you want it to stay at, and make it high or low, and even tell it for example to run 8 hours. We usually put it on low and put it on the counter next to the stove and set it for 67 degrees. We only do this if it's going to be a cold night, and we're fine. The new ones are on sale for $29. It's a small portable-- Ken
kengiesige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:14 PM   #2
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Only in my dreams. Middle Ga and mid-Sept almost and it is still predicted 94+ and humid the rest of the week with predictions of near 100 for next week. Hope the AC holds out.

oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:46 AM   #3
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Spent 9 days at Lake of the Woods resort, came home today. I used an electric heater with digital control to avoid the noisy gas furnace, but oops - I have the outlets and the electric water heater on the same breaker. That gets to greater than 15 amps with both heaters on. I snaked an extension cord through the vinyl flap and plugged In to the pedestal for more power. But I'll switch around wires on the breakers so that this works normally.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:59 AM   #4
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Bruce, on my last TM, I installed a 20 amp GFI outlet on the air conditioner junction box under the camper on the street side. We run two heater when it drops into the 20's. Our second heater, which did trip the outlet breaker when both on high. For the second heater, I just run a small white extension cord down the side, ducked under the flap to the AC junction box, with the added gfi outlet. It's 20 amps. Figured I would never be running both the AC and heaters at the same time.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #5
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

I am pretty handy at electrical wiring, and will install an outlet on the air conditioner circuit inside. The breakers are dual function AFI/GFCI, so a conventional outlet will do.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:51 PM   #6
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Our last TM the GFI was only on our 15 amp outlets not on the AC 20 amp circuit. We only use the outside AC plug maybe 5-10 nights a year when temps are below the high 20's and we needed the second elec heater. Did not use it enough to wire another outlet inside.

Current TM has a heater in the AC unit. We run the standalone elec heater. We turn the AC heater when the standalone can nor keep up when we are in the 20's.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:25 PM   #7
blue_vett

we boondock and we do it late in the year (elk and deer hunting) we purchased a Teton sports mammoth sleeping bag (its a double) and I don't ever have to run the heater when I am asleep. That bag is awesome and for the price you could have one for each bed! we also purchased the big buddy heater and a bulk tank adapter, we keep the tank outside the door and run the heater just inside the door, this keeps us toasty while we are eating/playing games, or just hanging out when its too cold outside. I plan on insulating behind the cabinets and putting in floor rugs to help with cold feet, but I have also invested in darn tough hunting socks and my feet are always warm.
blue_vett is offline   Reply With Quote