TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2014, 02:21 PM   #11
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

If you Google "campground clubs", and then skip past the hits for individual clubs, you will find a few overviews and summaries. For example, a site called RV Lifestyle Experts seems to have a number of articles, including

http://www.rvlifestyleexperts.com/fr...ship-rv-parks/

But there are several others. It is worth it to go through several, not just the one I linked.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #12
moaboy

Good find Bill. I was just wondering what kind of experience rvers had with the different discount programs. Quality of sites, availability, impact of restrictions etc.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #13
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

A thread on this forum discussed clubs, although in 2011. I believe TampaJohn also had some thoughts on them, due to his experience with them.

Do a search on here, and it may be his "retirement" thread he started about 6 months ago. I recall he was not satisfied with one of the clubs, at least.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #14
tarudy

Bill,

I saw in another post that you are an electrical engineer.... I was wondering if you could suggest some trouble shooting steps to find out why the right turn signal light causes all the exterior lights on the back of my TM to flash erratically. Some have said that there is a problem with the ground somewhere. I have spare wire and a multimeter at hand and the ability to follow suggestions....All other external lights are working correctly.

Thanks,
Trudy
Old 04-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Trudy -

My immediate guess is that the Bargman connector is wired wrong. In the connector, there is one wire for the left turn signal, another for the right turn signal, and yet another for the exterior body lights. I'm betting that the last two wires are reversed at the Bargman connector. Easiest way to confirm or deny is with a 12-volt test light. Disconnect the TM, and check the wiring against this diagram. A test light costs a couple bucks at any hardware store, big box store, or even WalMart. Easy to use, and completely non-dangerous.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...&pictureid=442

If the Bargman checks out OK, then you could have the same wiring error, but farther downstream. Take off the lower panel outside the refrigerator, and peer into the nest of wires. If you are not electrically inclined, this can look pretty daunting, but if you look around at floor level, you will see the big black cable coming up out of the floor. This is where the seven wires from the Bargman break out separately and go to their final destinations. If you have an electrically-inclined relative or friend, it should be pretty simple to compare the wires you see with the physical wiring diagram in the TM Owner's Manual. I don't have a manual for a 2922, but I bet the page in question is simlar to page 36 in the 2008 manual seen here
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=13839.
If you have a manual specific to your trailer, use it instead.

BTW, this query should be in the Electrical section. I will move it in a couple days, and since you are not a Sponsor, you will lose access to it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #16
hjbourge
Site Sponsor

ScrubJaysnest, where do you fine these CG for $3 or $1.50 a night? Are these State Parks with full hook up?

2720SD TM 2010 model
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Prodigy brake controller
hjbourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #17
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjbourge View Post
ScrubJaysnest, where do you fine these CG for $3 or $1.50 a night? Are these State Parks with full hook up?
They are usually USFS with vault toilets and no hook-ups. May have a hose bib or two in the CG or a pitcher pump.
Our list of CG by order of priority are:
USFS, BLM, ACOE; these last two swap depending on area you are in, USFWS,very hard to locate, NPS, and state forest CG's. After that state parks show up on our list.

Check out my thread on links to CG's that is how we find most CG's

We go for the more primitive or rustic CG's first followed by developed CG's second.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #18
tarudy

Default right turn signal not working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your help with trouble shooting my right turn signal not working. I did go ahead and paid for a years subscription so I can follow this thread when you move it to the electrical section. (Well, I was for sure going to join anyway.) Did my membership go through? I don't see any changes to my privileges yet...

Anyway, back to the electrical, with the kind help of a neighbor we narrowed it down to an active short in the brown wire that goes to the right tail light/turn signal. The short is somewhere between the tail light and where the wiring emerges from the back shell inside that black mesh covered bundle that hugs the inside of the vertical shell struts, forward of that spot everything is intact.

I can see via the TM wiring diagram where this brown wire travels through the foam core of the top of the rear shell. If I could pull it through and let it drag a brand new wire through behind it then I can solve the problem. But buried in the foam that won't work. Can you suggest anyway to replace this segment of wire?

We have ruled out that it's not the TV, the Bargman plug, blown fuses, or burned out lights. It's definitely a short in the afore mentioned section.

But how to run a new brown wire to that right tail light???

Thanks,
Trudy
Old 04-18-2014, 11:07 PM   #19
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Suspect one of the first of the "baby boomers". Could have retired some time ago but since 2004 have been a full time telecommuter (actually been "virtual" for much longer) & can work from anywhere that I have decent bandwidth so why ?

Still have the Vixen RV but could show at AACA events and the 2720 has more space inside plus the TV makes a nice runabout.

Do need to rework the .sig but was about dark when I got home so will need to wait.

Just one question: How do you turn a TM around in the back yard by hand ? Worst case I can use a winch.

BTW a bad ground can cause multiple lights to flash but they are usually about 1/2 bright.
Padgett is offline   Reply With Quote