TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2002, 09:38 PM   #1

Default Bunk Beds (over sofa)?

Does TrailManor have a model with bunk beds?

Thank you,
Todd, Melissa and the Boys
Old 11-29-2002, 10:41 PM   #2

Default Re: Bunk Beds?

Todd,
TM does not have a model with bunk beds. Not very feasible with the top design. But they do make a model with dual sofas. They also do not have a slide out, again because of the tops. The only double axle they have is the 3326 which is designed for couple for longer term use. The only collapsible top trailer with a slide out is either a popup or the Hi-Lo line. The Hi-Lo's are a bit on the heavy side for my taste. But the TM was designed for a niche market and fills that niche very well. Check out their website at www.trailmanor.com
Aaron
Old 12-03-2002, 10:30 AM   #3
Happytrails

Default Re: Bunk Beds?

It would make sense to be able to construct a bunk bed to go over the pull out sofa. One could even make it collapsible so it could be stored on the forward bed during the day. and on the floor for travel! Might even be able to slightly modify an aluminum cot for this purpose by affixing (4) 1-inch x 1 inch square aluminum tubes to the top of the cot, and the bottom of the legs of a standard cot, (with wing nuts to allow them to collapse as well), that is roughly the same size of the sofa allowing all 4 legs to rest on the wood underneath the cushions. For stability, simply drill 4 holes at the bottom under the level of the cushions in the surrounding wood and add a dowel/machine screw to keep it from tipping. To get on the top bunk, the child/adult could simply access it by getting on the front bed unless you wanted to buy a small ladder for middle of the night emergencies. Just a thought!

Happytrails
Old 02-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
Polar13

Default Bunk Bed over sofa

I have a TM 3326 and I would like to create bunk bed over the sofa. Has anyone does this before? Are there any limitations that I should be aware of? Can the side walls/rails support the additional stress/weight?

Thanks for your help,
Chris
Old 02-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I was trying to figure out something, but never did find a solution. Check out this thread:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=7049

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

When we had a tiny little 1960's Aloha trailer, we built a bunk bed for our son over our bed out of 2" PVC pipe and tensor. It was OK for a while, but as our son kept growing, he'd hang down lower and lower over our bed and it got kind of scary after a while.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #7
Polar13

I do not have permission to view the link, so can you summarize the thread.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Polar13 - you do not have access to that thread because your 30-day trial membership expired. As a result, you are missing about 90% of the forum, which is alot of info!

That thread had posts from a number of members discussing a few different ideas, and IIRC, is a few pages long. You can gain access to it and the other 90% of the forum that you are missing by becoming a member for $12/year. In my opinion, and I think in the opinion of most, if not all, of our active members, the cost is a pittance in comparison to the cost of ownership of a TM, and will likely be the best $12 you'll ever spend in relation to your trailer. It has been for me, and I'm coming up on my 4th year of membership.

More info is here:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...faq_membership

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:43 AM   #9
Nceron

I know it's an old thread, but maybe it will be a timely resurrection for someone

We have just ordered one, our 4yo was still (quite happily) in a cot so it’s time for a big bed.

We could have had 2 beds like all this types https://10restbest.com/best-loft-bed...dults-and-kids but they would have minimal space to play and then the toys end up all over the house.

Here’s my pro/con list:

Pro:
More room to play and move around in.
Certain bunk beds allow you to have a trundle underneath (this is the one we got) so we can use this for sleepovers etc.
Alternatively you can get the one with a single on top and double down the bottom which also helps

Cons:
The one we got is a traditional bunk bed, so it’s going to be a royal PITA to change the sheets on the top bunk. I guess, you can always get the new style where the bottom bunk sits lower to the floor and then it’s easy to reach the top one.
My concern for the low rise/new style bunks is that the bottom bunk would feel cold over winter, because you’re almost sleeping on the floor.
Eventually they’re gonna get sick of sharing a bunk/grow out of it so proper beds will be required in the future.

I hope that helps a bit. We get ours delivered soon so hopefully it works for us!

Just some suggestions and one good video from Youtube, that I hope will help.

Nceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:44 AM   #10
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Bunk beds for SL models of TM have been done:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=12848

I will say without hesitation that it works great, and the kids love it.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote