TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default They do exist - TM sightings 2012

A new thread for a new year. Keep those reports coming, folks!

Bill
Old 01-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Default Old Town sighting

Saw one of the 30 series, blue graphics, on Alt 27/US19/US98 at 230pm EST. It was within a couple miles of Old Town Fl headed south. White pick TV

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
Old 01-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We spotted our first TM of 2012 in Oceano (by Pismo Beach, CA) - they were parked in the Coastal Dunes RV Park and we saw the TM as we drove by. It was a newer 2720, no tow vehicle in sight.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
fallsrider

Well, of all places, I saw one in a parking lot about 3 miles from my house yesterday. We've never seen one here in Raleigh, NC. I was coming out of AutoZone, and looked across the next door parking lot of the store that used to be Linens N Things. I did a double take because there was a 2720 opened up on the back side of the lot, still hooked to the pickup towing it. It was on a slight incline, which told me that someone was just stopping through for some reason. It didn't appear to be set up to camp. There were 3 people that I saw milling around.

I drove over that way and drove by, but I couldn't tell for sure what they were doing. Maybe they were preparing to stay overnight, I'm not sure. This was 2:30 or 3:00 in the afternoon.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
Jim&Joan

Default One in Vienna, IL

We camp at a quarry where I dive. We pulled in and there was an older 28 set up. Joan thinks it is an 1998?? Much bigger than ours, double axel, front window went from one side to the other.

We didn't wee anyone around it, but las summer one of the employees ask about ours, said he had been interested and looked in ours. We think it's his.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We saw another TM, I think it was a 2619, in Pismo Sands RV Park where we were camping this past week, on Wednesday night. We were going to go over and say hi to them, but they were gone early the next morning. Tow vehicle was a newer white pickup, I think it was a Ford.

Happy Trails, whoever you were!

The other TM was still in the other campground when we left, never saw a tow vehicle around.

We had a great time in Pismo, wish it had been a little warmer, but were able to explore a lot of things that we'd never had time to see before. Also saw a lot of birds that we've never seen before. We're not real birders, but it's always exciting to see new ones.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #7
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
We saw another TM, I think it was a 2619, in Pismo Sands RV Park where we were camping this past week, on Wednesday night. We were going to go over and say hi to them, but they were gone early the next morning. Tow vehicle was a newer white pickup, I think it was a Ford.

Happy Trails, whoever you were!

The other TM was still in the other campground when we left, never saw a tow vehicle around.

We had a great time in Pismo, wish it had been a little warmer, but were able to explore a lot of things that we'd never had time to see before. Also saw a lot of birds that we've never seen before. We're not real birders, but it's always exciting to see new ones.
Hi there,

We were in the Pismo Sands rv park Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Our TM is a 3023, and our TV is a white 2010 Ford, so we must be the "guilty parties". On Wednesday we were over in Morro Rock looking around the rock, the State Park, and the town. Nice place. We came back after dark and then went out to dinner. We left to come home early Thursday.

We also saw another TM as we drove by the Pismo Dunes RV park on Highway 1 in Grover Beach, near the restaurant in the old train cars.

Sure would have been nice to get together with another TM couple. Sorry we missed you.

Tom and Caryl

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
Old 02-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #8
Brifla

We actually saw another Trailmanor on the interstates of North Florida last Sunday afternoon while we were trailering our recently purchased Trailmanor home. It was headed the opposite direction so didn't have a chance to determine the model.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We saw another TM today at New Brighton State Park; from our conversation I don't think they are board members. They had a 2720 and were from the central valley. We had a nice chat.

New Brighton had quite a few campers today (even some people in tents, BRRR!). It was nice and warm today, but it's been getting pretty cold at night. I had to scrape ice off my windshield one day last week, outside thermometer read 30.7 degrees that morning. Apparently they're done with their tree cutting and have re-opened the section that includes the full-hookup sites. It sure looks bare compared to what it used to look like without the big pine trees they removed.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #10
brulaz

Met a nice couple from Wisconsin in a 2720 down here at Hardwood Hammocks S.P. Florida.

As usual, swapped stories about the best parks in the South for Snowbirds. Looks like we have to spend more time up in the Florida Panhandle and Alabama's Gulf coast, but we knew that already from previous talks, and are moving up that way as the days get warmer.

Closed Thread