TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
Al-n-Sue

Thumbs up Mueller State Park - near Divide, CO

We (DW and 3 other couples) spent the July 4th holiday weekend at this park not far from Colorado Springs. It only takes an hour to get there so it is very popular with "Front Range" campers. The park was full, and is typically full every weekend during the summer.

The park is located on a couple of ridges that are covered with spruce, fir, and pine. There are 110 RV campsites and 22 tent only sites. The RV sites all have 30 amp electric hookups and there is generally a water faucet close by. We filled our fresh water tank after we were setup by connecting several hoses to the faucet. Most of the sites are level, and all sites and roads are paved. All have a large (seats 8 easily) picnic table and many have a tent pad.

The camper services building has flush toilets and pay showers (4 minutes for $1.00) and are well maintained and generally clean. The park boasts many hiking trails (maybe the most of any state park) but beware - since the park is situated on a series of ridges, ALL the trails start down - then come up to finish. Some can be pretty steep (as my calves and my wife will testify!).

Two of our friends have TMs - a 2003 3023 and a 2000 3124KB - and with our 2003 3214KB all parked in adjacent sites, we made an impressive marketing statement! In another post I noted 6 total TM at this park for the weekend.

Our TM was again a wonderful camping experience. Everything worked as designed and we even made it through the dump station with no issues (see previous posts about our dump station woes). We added a 1" memory foam topper and it made sleeping much better - and we can close the shell without removing it - a big advantage the next time we set up. We came close to filling the holding tank - at least according to the gauge - which was disappointing since we were only there 3 days. A couple of showers and lots of dishwashing probably contributed.

I had an Atwood electric jack installed just before we left, and it really makes setup/leveling much easier. The cranks take so many turns to get anywhere, I was getting a good workout just leveling the trailer! The electric jack also helps make hooking and unhooking much easier.

There have been some posts about the awning and wind. I staked my supports to the ground and used a couple of guy lines to anchor it down. We didn't have a lot of wind, but we did have some storms come through and the awning did fine.

Sorry about the slightly lengthy post, but the combination of my TM and Mueller SP just makes me want to wax eloquent! Our Mile High Trailblazers has this park on the list for next year, and I know everyone will throughly enjoy the experience.

I posted two photos - one from each end of the 3 sites where our 3 TMs were parked.

Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TMrow2.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	400.6 KB
ID:	2740  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
DC Randy

My word that looks nice! Too bad you didn't have water and sewer hookups, but oh well! Nice and level looking!

Hey I notice that you have an awning over your living room window..did you add that? That's great!

Randy
Old 07-08-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
Al-n-Sue

Default Awning on off-door side

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Randy View Post
Hey I notice that you have an awning over your living room window..did you add that? That's great!

Randy
A previous owner added the awning. It is a standard Carefree of Colorado awning. I think Camping World carries them, as do a lot of other RV shops. I had to replace the strap this year and found a replacement at a locally owned RV dealer. It is nice when it rains a little - can still keep the window open for fresh air! And blocks the sun a bit as well.

Alan
Old 07-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
Al-n-Sue

I've posted a slide show on my trailmanor web site. The website also has a bit of our history with camping, and how we came to own a Trailmanor. Enjoy the pictures. Read the story if you have time. Enjoy.
www.alancavin.com/trailmanor