TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
chopslot

Default High Sierra Music Festival

Just returned from High Sierra Music Festival. Camped at a nearby RV park and had an amazing time. We purchased our 3124kb late last summer and have only been able to really have it out a couple of time. For the most part everything worked wonderfully..this was kinda the shakedown for the new year. For whatever reason I couldn't get the shower to drain (I didn't use a bipass this year..though I will next...and I still had pinkish RV antifreeze still in the bottom of the shower...I don't know if the line is plugged or not..as we never have used the shower yet. However, when I emptied the black water following our trip the water was gone?
We traveled over significant summits on our trip from Utah to Quincy Ca... I am pulling this with my V6 Toyotta 4runner...not problems pulling.
To top this off, on our way home we stopped at Halluelah Junction and parked next to another Trailmanor and talked with the owner who had 5 years of good times with it...kinda cool.
We stopped at a wonderful diner in Lovelock NV called the Cowpoke cafe.
Wondeful times...we are so grateful we have our trailmanor.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
Scott O

If the water in the shower went down when you emptied the black water you have a problem never before seen in the history of Trailmanors!!! The grey water (shower, sink) goes into one holding tank (20 gal capacity) and the black water is the Thetford tank. They are not connected. When you dump, the gate on the 3" pipe is for the black water. Behind it you will find another gate on a 2" pipe which is the grey tank. Both tank drains join and exit through the same fitting. I suspect that you just haven't noticed the 2nd handle lurking behind the 2" drain pipe. By the way, when the 20 gal grey tank fills up, water will back up into the shower, since it is the lowest spot in the grey water system. Glad you are enjoying your TM...the Music Festival sounds like a "hoot"!
Old 07-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
Bluegrass

Wow! You sound like us - traipsing across Nevada to catch music festivals in California.

The High Sierra festival had some of our favorite artists - Infamous Stringdusters, Carolina Chocolate Drops, and Bela Fleck. Wish we could have been there. We'll be making the Utah - California trip again in September to catch the Plymouth bluegrass festival and then down to the TM rally in Pismo Beach.

On your shower problem, my bet is that your grey water tank was full and was backing up into the shower.

If you are in the vicinity of Utah County, drop me a private note. We're taking our 3124kb up to Little Mill Campground in American Fork Canyon next week. We live just 2 miles from the canyon entrance. Would love to meet you.

Keith
Old 07-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
chopslot

You sound like a kindred spirit Bluegrass! Admittedly though I am kicking myself for missing both the Stringdusters and Chocolate Drops (as well as Poor Mans Whiskey)...had every intention, but for whatever reason was pulled in different directions. A lot of people were buzzing about the Stringdusters as one of the best shows of the fest..which didn't surpise. Bela was actually kinda Meh... I will check the link you provided. You may want to check out Las Tortugas near Yosemite (though that is less blue grass, more Jam) I will drop you a line...unfortunately/fortunately I will be out on the Green River floating/fishing during your American Fork trip..we are just to the north of you..Ogden Valley.

For whatever reason I was having difficulties getting the grey tank to drain all the way...I must have been doing something wrong...I will research this, can't be that complicated...do the lines ever get clogged? particularly a shower drain..we never used it in the short time we have had it, however, it could have been used extensively and plugged.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

It is possible for the gray water drain to plug up. But it is not really too common, since there are supposed to be no solids in the gray tank. To investigate, I think the deal is to attach your dump hose, pull the gray water drain, and go away for long enough to ensure that the entire contents of the gray tank has dribbled out. Then disconnect the dump hose, and push a straightened wire coathanger (or similar) up through the dump valve and into the tank. If there is something blocking the outlet, this will at least push it out of the way temporarily. Apparently it occasionally happens that a disc of plastic, left over from the cut where the pipe was attached to the tank, falls into the tank, where it sloshes around and may eventually get carried to the outlet.

If this disc is the problem, I'm not sure wht you do. But it has been discussed a couple times in the Plumbing Forum. A Search may turn it up.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
Beak12

Apparently it occasionally happens that a disc of plastic, left over from the cut where the pipe was attached to the tank, falls into the tank, where it sloshes around and may eventually get carried to the outlet.

I have a new Elkmont 24 2010, camped about a dozen weekends, one weekend I did not attach the drain hose correctly to the Black water hookup and when I opened the valve black water ran over my hand and the ground. I removed the hose to wash off the connection and my hand and I found a small peace of plastic flooring where they had cut the floor for the toilet. So It does happen. I called TM and asked that they make sure the supervisor was informed.

John