TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
tigersden1

Default Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine Fall Camping

We are planning on a 10 day leaf viewing swing through Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine in early October. We will start with 3 nights in Vermont, then 3 in NH, then 4 in Maine. We plan to do day trips from each campground. Any suggestions on good campgrounds or "must see" activities?
Old 09-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

You'll get a lot of info from this thread

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=8614

Best bet is to peruse the various state tourism web sites - the one in Maine is identified in that thread, but all states have them.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
tigersden1

Thanks Bill, that helps - we're checking out the state tourism sites but are also hoping to get some real live TM experience feedback on what people liked/disliked (in addition to what we found via the thread you suggested).
Old 09-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
P and B

Bill,

I haven't been to Vermont and NH with the TM but I've been to Maine. My recommendation is to spend your time around Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor.

We're planning on being at the Narrow Too Campground from 9/27 through 10/5. We don't get away much so don't pay much attention to the costs. Not sure what you're budget is and whether you like full hookups (we go "glamping" really...not camping like many of the boondocking TM folks do). As far as I know, the Narrows Too campground is the only one with full hookups on oceanfront sites.

Acadia is an absolutely fabulous resource for hiking, biking and just viewing the landscape. If you do go and Jordon Pond House is open (in the park), make sure you have the lobster bisque and popovers....funny how my recommendations seem to always turn to food! I'm not sure when the horses get moved out but there are carriage roads in the park that they run horse rides through. You see parts of the park that you can't see by car.

Anyway, this would be my recommendation for Maine. The next time you come you can try either further north or head south toward Freeport (home of LL Bean), but for the first time to Maine, I think Acadia NP is a "don't miss".

Phil

Tags
new england