TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #21
Bluegrass

Wink

I'll weigh in on this one. I don't mind sharing a trail with a well trained dog. We've had dogs all our married life, until recently. We've trained, shown, and done obedience trials with our dogs. Even taught one to square dance. There's only one kind of dog to have outside the home, in my not very humble opinion. That's one that has been trained. One that comes when called and follows basic commands - sit, stay, heel, etc. And especially one that is well socialized with other dogs. The rest should stay at home. They are a risk to others, no matter their size. It isn't hard to train a dog but does take time and consistency - the least owners can do if they love their animals.

Yeah, I do have strong opinions on this.

Keith